Training

( Hiccups POV )

          I don't know what came over me. I was just so angry at the fact I wouldn't be able to fly. I don't fight with my father, it's something that I never did. He's the chief of our tribe, his word is law, but something snapped. I just wanted to fight back until I saw my hands start to glow. I thought nothing of it until they started burning actually producing fire. I knew I had to get away. I couldn't go to the cove. Astrid would find me instantly then demand for an explanation.

I took the second option, leave the island until I could handle my new gifts. We flew over to other islands that we passed by before. Nothing to special, just homes for other dragons safe from other tribes. We made our way over to Changewingisland hopping not to get spotted.

How wrong I was. Three change wings circled us. I looked around for a way out but they covered every possible exit. The one directly a head of us motioned its snout down word.

" You want us to go to your island? " I asked.

The changewig nodded flying down to its home. Having no other choice I followed with the other changewing behind us. We followed the changewing into the thick forest it was hard for Toothless to keep up but we managed.

The changewing stopped at a cave motioning for us to go in. I hopped off Toothless entering the cave with him close by. The cave engnited with the flames of a monstrous nightmare. The dragon looked old and wise with his eyes he study me closely. His flamed color from the ember orange to a light blue. My body started to flow with the same color as the flame.

I looked to Toothless who was equally as shocked. The glow turned into flames I was terrified. I thought the dragon had burned me but they danced around me. The Nightmare nodded putting out his blue flame. Mine disappeared right after but flamed jagged halo staid on my head it looked like a crown.

" Welcome Young Prince, I was sent by the Queen to train you. I'm aware with you kind of power she bestowed apron you. A good friend of mine once had the same flame, but at was before the war. " The Nightmare spoke.

This was different then The Queens speak. I could hear growls under his words. I looked to Toothless for comfort. He noticed my distress and wrap around me with his body and tail.

" I will not harm you Young Prince. Though your anxiety is to be expected. Perhaps introductions will calm your nerves? " He gestured.

I nodded.

" I'm known by Inferno, My Prince. " He introduced with a bow.

" I'm Hiccup. This is my best friend
Toothless. " I replied.

Toothless looked at me strangely but shrugged it off. Inferno looked to me with pride pointing his claws to my heart.

" Brave to befriend a Nightfury. You have the heart and soul of a dragon My Prince. Nightfury's wouldn't expect any less from his friend. Especially one that crippled him. " He stated.

I patted Toothless head. It's what made us so close. A tail fin for a leg. It took awhile but were the same. The last of his kind and a forgotten son. We're alike in so many ways, I would dare to say we're brothers.

" You have it wrong Nightmare. Hiccup earn my trust, earned my friendship. His the reason I can fly again, I wouldn't fly any other way. You may be wise Nightmare but you can't say I let him off so easily. It cost him his leg to save me and our kind from The Red Death. "

I looked down in wide eye. That was Toothless talking, and I. I understood him. I hugged him under the gaze of Inferno. Tears started to form realizing I could finally talk to my best friend.