Chapter 10

Harry was having a strange week.

They had gone between Hogwarts and the beach home his mum had rented throughout the summer.

A few days before, Harry and McGonagall had gone to see the Dursleys.

Well, 'see' was one way to put it. They had apparated into the backyard and McGonagall had cast disillusionment charms over the two of them, then they walked through the open door and around the house once before leaving.

Harry had asked dozens of times why they had done it, but recieved no answer.

Then, the day before, he had been visited by a crazy house elf who kept insisting that he couldn't go back home.

Dobby wouldn't give him a reason either.

That seemed to be a trend this week.

Harry curled up in the bed of his room in the beach house. Tomorrow, his mum planned on taking him to the Weasleys' house. The Burrow, she called it.

All his things were packed and waited in the corner to be magicked away. Hedwig rested peacefully in her cage.

There was a tap on his window. "Harry!" A familiar voice hissed.

The raven-haired boy sat up, confusion written across his features. "Ron?"

"Look in the window!"

Harry turned to see his friend floating outside his bedroom window, in a flying blue car.

"We're here to get you!"

"Get me?"

"You weren't answering our letters! Hermione was worried, she kept mailing me. When you didn't answer either of us, we tried calling. Rather grumpy man answered and told us never to call him again."

Harry frowned. "Uh..."

"Just, hurry and get your stuff in the car before your aunt and uncle wake up!" Ron ordered.

'Aunt and uncle?' It clicked in Harry's mind. They thought he lived with the Dursleys!

"Open the window!" Fred's voice floated in from the back seat of the car.

Harry rushed to slide the panes open and the twins crawled into his room, wearing almost identical grins. Fred inspected his room and started for his things.

"Give me a hand with this, Georgie." He whispered.

"Look, let me go make sure they're still asleep." Harry offered, going along with the idea that he stayed with those awful people.

"Good idea!" Ron said from the car, where he was clutching the steering wheel.

Harry slipped out the door and ran down the hall.

"Mum! Mum! Mimmy!" He whispered, opening her door a crack.

"Harry James, what are you doing up at this hour?"

"Some of the Weasleys are here, they think I'm being held captive by my aunt and uncle or something."

Minerva sat up. "And why are you waking me up for this?"

"I want to go with them and let them think that for a little while." Harry looked down.

"Why, Harry?" His mum asked.

"I dunno. I just, I don't want them to see me differently because of who raised me."

She regarded him for a moment.

"Go. I'll send a Patronus to tell Mrs. Weasley the situation."

"Thank you Mum!" Harry quietly went back down the hall.

"That boy." Minerva muttered, putting on her glasses and reaching for her wand.

"They're still asleep, let's get out of here." Harry whispered, watching as Fred and George finished loading his things into the car.

"You got it!" George said. He climbed out the window into the car and turned to help Harry in. Fred got in last, awkwardly closing the window partially.

"Go, go, go!" Ron hissed.

The car engine revved, then they sped off into the night sky.

--------------------------------------

Molly Weasley was woken up very early in the morning, before the sun was up. A familiar silver car floated in front of her.

"Hello, Molly, it's Minerva.

Your boys showed up last night and collected Harry. They seem to think he was being held there by his aunt and uncle.

You don't have to agree with them outright, but don't say anything to them. Harry wants to keep it a secret for now. Please make sure Arthur also knows this.

The boys came in a blue Ford Angelina, I do hope it's yours and they didn't steal it.

I assume you will have a discipline worked out, best of luck trying to control your boys. Take care of Harry for me and make sure he doesn't get into any more trouble.

He'll need to visit his vault and buy his things. Good luck with that as well.

Sincerely, Minerva McGonagall."

The silver cat disappeared and Molly sighed.

"You boys are in quite a bit of trouble."

------------------------------------

"Beds empty, car gone, no note!" Molly ranted at her three boys who stood there, looking abashed.

Harry stood awkwardly behind them, waiting for his turn to be yelled at, it seemed.

Molly turned to him and he tensed slightly.

"Of course, I don't blame you, Harry dear." She gave him a small wink.

Relief spread through Harry. She knew, but she wouldn't tell.

"Upstairs, all of you." Molly shooed them away.

"Boys." She muttered as she began to make breakfast.

[A/N changing context of this is hard! Hope you liked it and I hope I'm doing a good job!]