Chapter 38

"Just tell me what's going on!"

The room was silent as Ron and Hermione stared at Harry. His fingers were twitching angrily and his eyes sparked.

"W-we thought Professor McGonagall-"

"We're not allowed." Hermione cut in, shooting Ron a significant look.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Not allowed. So that's it? You're not allowed to tell me what is going on around me?"

The two exchanged a look again. "Essentially." Hermione finally said.

Harry nodded curtly. "Fine." He turned on his heel and left the room.

The other two stood there for a moment before rushing after him.

Downstairs, the Order were having a very heated debate about the same topic.

"He deserves to know!" Sirius snapped angrily. The group was standing and sitting around the large kitchen table.

"Dumbledore said-"

"Molly, he's not your son."

"He isn't yours either, Sirius! He's just a boy-"

Remus cleared his throat loudly, gaining the attention of the two. "Both of you clearly care for Harry, and no one is questioning that. But might I point out that Harry's adoptive mother is in fact in the room?"

Everyone's gazes slowly shifted to McGonagall, who was sitting quietly in the corner.

"Minerva?" Molly Weasley asked slowly. "What do you propose we do?"

She sat up slowly. "There are two positions I could take on this matter. The first is of the motherly side of me. I have never babied Harry by any means, nor have I kept information from him," her hand twitched the tiniest bit, no one catching the motion but Remus, who raised an eyebrow a fraction but stayed quiet.

"But I also have to look at this from the point of view as one of Albus Dumbledore's subordinates. He is in no way a dull man, and if he intends for this to be kept from Harry, there must be a reason."

The group nodded quietly. Minerva stood. "However, I must say that in this case, the first side of me has won out immensely. Harry deserves to know at least a part of what is going on. The rest he shall know in due time."

Sirius and Molly glanced at each other before nodding, as if making sure the other noticed their small victories.

Minerva refrained, with difficulty, from rolling her eyes.

------------------------------------

"Mimmy?" Harry peeked in through the door of the Black study. McGonagall was sitting at the ancient carved desk, writing something on a rather long piece of parchment.

She set the quill aside and looked up. "Is something wrong, Harry?"

"I.... I wanted to talk to you." He said quietly. "It's sort of a personal thing...."

Minerva nodded and stood up. "Why don't we go to the upper study. We'll be farther away from prying ears."

Harry followed her up the stairs. Minerva walked purposefully to the fourth floor, which was currently dusty and empty. She ushered Harry into the old study and shut the door. "I'd advise against sitting, or there will be so much dust we won't be able to breathe, much less talk."

Harry nodded, wringing his hands together.

Minerva frowned. "Harry, is something wrong?"

"I think so." He muttered nervously.

"And what does that mean?" She asked gently.

"Well, I.... I just.... I feel so angry. All the time. I don't know what's happening."

"Has this been recent?"

Harry nodded. "It only started a little way into the summer."

Minerva nodded, thinking. Could this be....? She'd have to ask Dumbledore.

"All I can tell you right now, Harry, is that you should try to figure out if particular issues or topics are causing this. I'll see what I can find out for you, okay?"

He nodded quickly, chewing his lip. Minerva sighed and held her arms open for him.

He hugged her tightly, and they stood there for a few minutes.

"Why don't you go find Sirius, and make sure he's not moping around in his room, okay?" Minerva suggested as they broke apart.

Harry let out a weak chuckle. "I'm sure he is. If Professor Dumbledore would only let him go out, Mimmy-"

"I know. I personally think that Sirius could do well to get some fresh air. This dust will be driving him mad any day now." She smiled at the laugh that got from her son. "I've got to go back to Hogwarts, I'll check in on you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, Mimmy. I love you."

"I love you too."

------------------------------------

"This is a part of that... that thing, that's inside him, isn't it?" McGonagall crossed her arms as she stared Albus Dumbledore down.

"Most likely." He shrugged indifferently. "There's nothing we can do-"

"I suspected you'd say as much. I'm not taking that as an answer." McGonagall swept towards the door.

"Minerva-"

"Do not tell me this is out of my control, Albus. I know your plans and I will not allow my son to live his remaining days suffering in his misunderstanding of himself."

Dumbledore sighed and stood. "You know my plan is necessary, Minerva. I'm sorry, but there is no other way."

Minerva McGonagall drew herself up, eyeing him coldly. "Necessary it may be, Albus. But you are a cold, manipulative man, and long as I live I shall never forgive you for orchestrating my son's death."

[A/N so if this whole Net Neutrality thing ends up being the mess it could be, I won't be able to be on here anymore. Sorry guys]