Dancing on my own

"I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her. And I'm right over here, why can't you see me. And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home. And I keep dancing on my own..." Dancing on my own by Calum Scott

"Tergio," Blaise said as he waved his wand on his trousers. He straightened his robes and started making his way back to the Great Hall. He pushed the double doors open and immediately spotted Harry and Ginny talking near the refreshments table. He made sure that his face was blank before he joined them, "Hey," he said.

"Blaise, where have you been?" Ginny asked.

He pasted a smile on his face, "I was supposed to follow you and Hermione, but I got sidetracked by Terry Boot," he lied.

"Oh, okay," Ginny said. She then threw him an apologetic smile, "Hermione will be back in a few, she just took a quick stroll along the grounds," she explained.

"Okay," he replied.

"Hey guys!" Ron hollered as he walked towards them.

"This Ball is really rocking, Dumbledore sure knows how to throw a party," Lavender chirped happily.

Ron patted his back, "Blaise my man, why the long face? Aren't you enjoying the party?" he asked.

He fought the urge to grimace, "Of course, I am - just a little bit tired from all the dancing," he lied again.

"Speaking of that, where's Hermione?' Lavender asked.

"She took a quick stroll along the grounds, she'll be back in few," Ginny piped in.

"At this hour?" Ron asked, his brows furrowed with concern.

"Yes, I think she just want to reminisce, you know how she is," Ginny replied.

Harry cleared his throat loudly, "So, tell us Ron, why were you two late?" he asked.

Ron perked up, "Romania."

"What are you doing in Romania?" Ginny asked with a perplexed look.

Lavender wrapped her arm around her fiancé's waist, "We hand delivered Charlie's invitation and had dinner, we got caught up with catching up that we forgot the time," she said with a sheepish smile.

"I see, how's Charlie?"

He moved towards the table and grabbed himself a drink. He took a huge gulp from his goblet and began zoning out on the conversation around him, his mind drifting back to what he just found out.

oOo

After the verbal sparring and emotionally tiring confrontation, Draco transfigured a tree branch into a bench. They both knew they still have a lot of things to talk about, but no one wants to disrupt the comfortable silence between them. Hermione shifted on her seat and cleared her throat loudly, "Is it wrong to feel that this is right?" she asked.

He turned his gaze to her, "What do you mean?"

"This," she gestured between the two of them. "I feel right with you."

He grabbed her hand and locked their fingers together, "We've always been right together, so I don't really understand what you're saying."

She turned to face him, "How can it be right when we both know that we'll end up hurting someone?"

"Blaise?"

"Yes," she replied. An image of a beautiful blonde woman flashed through her mind, "And your French bonbon," she added, her voice tinged with jealousy.