Marry your daughter

"Sir, I'm a bit nervous about being here today, still not real sure what I'm going to say. So, bear with me please if I take up too much of your time. See, in this box is a ring for your oldest. She's my everything and all that I know is. It would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side, cause very soon I'm hoping that I." Marry your daughter by Train

oOo

One month later:

"Just a minute!" Anne Granger yelled as she walked towards the door. She straightened her dress before opening it, "Draco?"

Draco cleared his throat and smiled nervously, "Mrs. Granger, I hope I didn't come at an inconvenient time?"

Anne smiled and gestured for the young man to come in, "Not at all, come on in. Richard and I just came back from the office, so you're right on time," she replied as she closed the door behind them. "And you should really start calling me, Anne. Mrs. Granger sounds so formal and kind of reminds me of my in-law," she added the last bit with a shudder.

He chuckled as he took his seat on the couch, "If you insist, thank you."

"Honey, Draco is here! Come on down," Anne hollered. She then turned to look at their guest; her eyes narrowing a bit, "You look a lot paler, dear, do you want something to drink?"

"Err - water would be nice, thank you," he replied politely.

"I'll get us some drinks then," Anne said with a small smile. "Richard would be down in a minute and I'll be back in jiffy, make yourself comfortable."

He waited until Anne was out of sight before he let out the breath that he seemed to be holding, "Luci, I hope you're right with this," he thought.

"Draco?"

He immediately shot up from his seat and turned towards the voice, "Good afternoon, Sir."

Richard chuckled and motioned for him to take a seat; "This is a pleasant surprise, is Hermione with you?"

He sat back down and folded his sweaty hands on top of his lap, "Actually, Sir, Hermione is not with me," he replied. He then levelled his gaze with the older man, "I came here alone today to talk to you and Mrs. Granger."

Richard quirked an inquisitive brow, "I think I already have an idea what this is about, but let's wait for the Missus, she loves these sort of things," he said with smirk.

He felt some tension leave his body, making him relax a little bit.

Anne appeared as if on cue and placed the tray filled with refreshments on the table. She took her place next her husband, "So, Draco, are you finally asking for our daughter's hand?"

oOo

"I don't know where that prick went," Hermione huffed. "I already tried calling his phone multiple times but he's not picking up."

"Didn't he tell you that he had to meet some suppliers today?" Ginny said calmly.

"He did, but it's already noon."

Ginny shook her head and continued frosting her carrot cupcakes; "Did you try the Manor?"

She slumped back on her chair, "No."

"Why didn't you?"

"That's what mobile phones are for," she replied petulantly, "And I just don't want to."

"Then stop whining like a brat," The red head chastised. "I'm sure he's just working."

She huffed for what felt like the nth time and snatched one of the newly frosted cake, "I'll try," she said before taking a huge bite.