At the beginning

"Life is a road and I want to keep going. Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing. Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey. I'll be there when the world stops turning. I'll be there when the storm is through. In the end, I wanna be standing, at the beginning with you." At the beginning by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis

oOo

Wiltshire, England: Five years later...

"What are you doing there?"

Hermione turned her face towards the voice and saw her husband looking at her, "Nothing, I just want to breathe fresh air," she replied with a smile.

He made his way towards her and wrapped his arms around her, "Can't sleep again?" he asked as he placed his hands on top of her protruding stomach.

She leaned back on him and let out a contented sigh. "The baby has been moving around like crazy again, so I decided to get fresh air; it always does the trick."

"This little one is full of energy, just like her Mummy," he said with a chuckle.

"Her?"

He leaned forward and planted a kiss on her bare shoulder, "Just a wild guess."

"I thought you wanted another boy?"

"I'll love whatever we're having."

She felt her eyes water with the intensity of the emotions that hit her upon hearing his words, "Oh, Merlin," she sobbed.

He gently turned her around, his eyes searching her face. "What's the matter, love? Are you in pain? Why are you crying?" he asked, his voice tinged with a hint of panic.

She hastily wiped her blotchy cheek and sniffed, "You just say the most beautiful things and my hormones are off the roof and I cry at everything!"

He smiled at her once before planting a chaste kiss on her lips, "I love you, Mi, so much."

"Even if I look like a whale?"

He kissed her again. "You don't look like a whale and even if so, I'll love you none the less, if not more."

"Even if I weigh like a hippogriff?"

"You weigh like a feather, love," he said before kissing her again.

"I love you too, Dray," she whispered.

He braced his forehead to hers, "Are you ready to go back to bed?"

She nodded.

"Good," he responded with a smile. He moved to her side and gently scooped her up into his arms, making sure to secure her tightly.

"I'm so heavy, put me down!" she shrieked.

"Again, light as a feather," he responded as he made his way back to their room. He gently lowered her to bed and placed her huge maternity pillow to her side, "Comfortable?"

She shifted to her usual position and let out a sigh of relief, "Very," she mumbled. She was about to close her eyes but then remembered something. She pushed herself up and started tugging on the pillow.

"What are you doing?" he asked with a quirked brow.

"I need to check on Xavier, I forgot to turn on the baby monitor, I just now remembered."

"I already checked on him before I checked on you, baby monitors on," he replied. He shifted closer and started arranging the pillow again, securing her on place. "Now, be a good Mummy and sleep, Healer's order, remember?"

"You're the world's best husband and Daddy."

He crawled to the other side and slipped under the covers, "I have the world's best wife, I say it's just fair."

She wiggled towards him; taking her usual spot. "Quid pro quo."

"I love it when you speak Latin in the middle of the night, it just turns me on."

"Hence, our current predicament."

He laughed.

"I love you, Dray."

"As I do, Mi, always."

.~*~. .~*~.

oOo

AN: And it's a wrap! :) Thank you, everyone for keeping up with me. :) I promised myself to finish this story before the year ends as a way of thanking you all for sticking with me. I hope I did the ending justice. Again, thank you all for reading my stories and I'll try to whip up something soon, I've missed writing Dramione stories after all ;) Happy Christmas everyone and a blessed New Year! Cheers! ;)