Chapter 18: Risk Takers

Your POV
I pulled out my phone from my pocket and shined the light on their face. I could see Lauren's green eyes so I calmed down.

"Are you okay!? I saw that they threw something at you." Lauren asked worriedly and I nodded. She planted a quick kiss on my lips before smiling.

"You and Dinah had me scared to death. You two sure do know how to act, I almost ran on stage to pull her off you." I let out a light laugh but immediately regretted it. Lauren gently touched my stomach, I winced and she frowned.

"You leave the room first, I'll come to your tour bus leave the door open." I shook my head and locked the door. "We can't risk it. L.A could have someone watching me."

"What if we make a scene afterwards? It'll cover everything up." Lauren hugged me and I sighed. "Fine." She squealed excitedly and kissed my cheek. "Go!" Lauren unlocked the door and pushed me out of the room. I smiled and walked out of the venue.

"I'll give you a ride c'mon." Bea said and I hesitantly got in her car. She rolled her eyes and shoved me playfully.

"I know how to drive." Bea slammed her foot on the gas, making the car zoom past others. I hurriedly put on my seatbelt and then Bea slammed the brakes. "That was a joke. Lighten up!" I let out a shaky breath and prepared myself for a bumpy ride.
--------------------
"I am never going to get in a car with you." I said as I walked inside my tour bus. Bea gave me the middle finger and I closed the door.

"What took you so long?" Lauren asked and I almost screamed. I put my hand over my heart and sat down on the bed. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I caught my breath and Lauren tackled me. She started planting kisses all over my face and I started laughing. I felt her put something cold on my stomach. I flinched but Lauren laid me back down.

"It's for your bruise, leave it there for a few minutes. Let's watch t.v. so you can distract yourself." Lauren laid down beside me and I cuddled up to her. She turned on the t.v but I started drifting off to sleep.

"I don't know what has been happening between Y/N and the girls of Fifth Harmony but I sure as hell don't like it. They're my two favorites, I love them both but what's happening? You can tell that Lauren and Y/N are no longer a couple by what happened on and off stage. But what really throws me off is that y/n was caught with another girl. Take a look for yourself." I turned my head to look at the t.v.

That sure as hell woke me up.

Chelsea Briggs pointed to the bottom corner of the screen. It showed a video of me leaving the room and after a few minutes, 'the mystery girl' with her black hoodie covering her face. I heard Lauren giggling so I smiled.

"Idiots they really are clueless.Let's watch something else." I changed the channel and furrowed my eyebrows at what I saw. My name was at the bottom of the screen and Scooter Braun was talking about me.

"Let's look at some of her lyrics. For example in her song, Unbreakable Smile and Funny, if you listen to the lyrics she's clearly talking about management. If she's not happy with Syco and Epic records then I'll be happy to take her in. She's got a lot of talent and she'd be a great addition to SB records. I've been trying to get in contact with y/n but L.A Reid fired her actual manager, Shay Mitchell so it's been kind of hard trying to get in touch with her but y/n! If you are hearing this or watching this, please talk to me. I will not do what Mr.Reid does. If you sign with me, you'll get to do whatever you want." Scooter looked at the camera and smiled. For some strange reason I felt more relaxed. Lauren shut the television off and smiled widely.

"If you sign with Scooter maybe we can stop acting like we hate each other. You should call him." Lauren handed me my phone and I sighed.

"Laur, you're still signed with Syco and Epic Records. L.A. still has complete control over you. No matter what, we'll always have something stopping us from being together." I sighed and Lauren kissed my forehead. She grabbed her phone and started texting.

"Just think about it okay? I'd rather you have some freedom than staying with Syco and Epic Records. I really have to go now, Dinah's taking me back to our bus." Lauren gave me a quick kiss and rested her forehead on mine.

"What happened to making a scene?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll handle everything. I love you." Lauren whispered and I nodded. She left the bus and I laid down, pondering over my decisions. I started hearing the pitter patter of the rain hitting the top of the bus which somehow soothed me. A few minutes later Shay barged into the bus with a notebook in her hands. She put the notebook down and I noticed the water dripping from her clothes.

"Shay get changed, you're gonna get sick." Shay stripped out of her clothes and slipped on my bathrobe. I covered my eyes making her laugh.

"I've changed in front of you millions of times and you choose to cover your eyes now?" Shay plopped down on my bed and opened her notebook. She started flipping through pages until she found what she was looking for.

"I heard the interview. Here's Scooter's number, give him a call. I have to go back to the hotel, see you tomorrow." Shay started walking away but I pulled her back.

"You're funny. Shay if you take one step out of this tour bus, I will drag you back inside. You're staying the night." I said sternly and Shay nodded. I looked at the notebook and then glanced over at my phone. Shay looked at me with a small smile on her face. I dialed the number and waited for an answer.

"This is Scooter Braun, who's this?"

"Hey Scooter, it's y/n..."