Chapter 25: Didn't Mean It

°Your POV°

"Y/N, I'm serious. I'm tired of the way you've been acting. Your girlfriend is crying her eyes out over you and you're just sitting here acting like you don't care!" Carly shouted and I slammed my hands down on the table.

"Carly this is between me and Lauren! Don't you understand that? If I want to go comfort her I will, but right now I don't want to see her. Get out of my office." I tried my best to stay calm but I found myself screaming at her. Carly groaned and walked out of my office, making sure to slam the door shut.

I know what I did was right. I made the right decision, didn't I?

Lauren stormed into my room and I stared at her intently. "Yes?" I asked and she burst into tears.

"It's been one year and you've turned into an asshole. Every time I call you or text you, you never answer! If you ever do answer, you always say you're busy! I always try to help you with your work but you shoot me down completely-" I stood up and walked in front of Lauren.

"Lauren I don't have time for this." I tried reaching out to hug her but she pushed me away.

"That's what I'm talking about! Y/N you never have time. I'm so tired of having to beg you to come home. I'm tired of having to beg you to sleep on the same bed with me." Lauren wiped her eyes frantically and I laughed bitterly.

"You're tired? You're not the one managing other people's lives. You're not the one who never gets sleep. You're not the one who has to worry about other people! Lauren stop being so damn stupid." I raised my voice to match hers. Lauren slapped me and I brought my hand up to my face. I looked at Lauren and I could see the look of pure shock on her face.

"Y/N... I'm sorry. Please-" Lauren hugged me tightly but I pushed her off me. She frowned and I opened the door.

"If you leave...that means you choose your work over me. If you stay- I really hope you stay so we can work things out." Lauren tried to sound intimidating but her voice was tremulous. I smirked and kept my back turned to her.

"Lauren, that was very dumb of you. I'll always choose my work over you. Don't you understand? Lauren, I don't need you! I'll be perfectly fine without you! All you do is slow me down anyways." I felt Lauren tug at my wrist. I turned around angrily and she practically threw herself at me.

"I love-" I put my hand over her mouth, preventing her from finishing her sentence.

"Lauren,it's over. We're done." I forcefully pushed her off me causing her to stumble back. I quickly grabbed her hand so she wouldn't fall.

"Sorry." I jumped inside my car and Lauren started banging on the windows. I drove away, making sure not to look back because I knew that if I did, I'd go crawling back to her.

"Hey idiot! I know you're my boss but at this point, I don't care and I'm going to talk to you however I want to. Get up and go fix the mess you made. You know you didn't mean the words you said. You were just angry and I know how guilty you must feel right now. You'll probably tell me to get out of your office again but I am not leaving until you go apologize to Lauren. Don't even threaten to drop me from the record label because you damn well know you'd be nothing without me." Carly pointed an accusing finger at me and she spoke sternly. When I stood up and slowly walked towards her,she crossed her arms and stood her ground.

"You're right. I am an idiot. Carly just please do me this favor and finish the paperwork that's on my desk. Call your girlfriend to come help you, I'm sure Bea is in the building somewhere." Carly smiled and sat down at my desk. I ran through the halls of the building and down the flights of stairs. I made it to my car and drove as fast as I could back home. I ran inside the house and saw Lauren curled up on the couch, crying into her hands. She looked up at me and I noticed that her eyes were blood shot red. She had tears streaming down her face and she was struggling to catch her breath.

"Lauren...baby." I frowned and opened my arms, Lauren immediately responded by hugging me tightly.

"I thought you wouldn't come back but apart of me still had hope." She cried out and I kissed her forehead. Lauren didn't want to let go of me so I carried her all the way to our room and laid her down on my bed.

"I didn't mean what I said, whenever we argue just know that I never think before I say something. I'm tired and angry, I honestly can't even think properly. I promise you that I'll start to take days off work just to be with you. We can go out to eat or we can just stay home and watch movies like we always do. Lauren I'm so sorry, I wish there was a less cliche word for sorry but unfortunately there isn't. I regret every single word I said, you have to believe me. Lauren, I love you so much." I lifted her chin and she looked directly at me. I could see a hint of guilt in her eyes. Lauren kissed me hungrily and I immediately kissed back. Our lips moved in sync and I found it hard to breath, not wanting to pull away,I deepened the kiss earning a low moan from Lauren.

"Thank god you came back. I'd lose my head if you didn't." She rested her forehead on mine while she caught her breath. I smiled widely and ran my thumb over her lips.

"I'll always come crawling back to you. I'd be nothing without you."

------------------

A/N: One more chapter left...I'm gonna pry.