Chapter 24: Hand It Over

Previously....
"I've been thinking about it lately and I want you to own Syco and Epic records."
---------------

·Your POV·
After I heard what Simon said I quickly sobered up. I looked at Lauren whose facial expression matched mine.

"I'm coming over in a few minutes with one of my old friends." Simon hung up and I dropped my phone. I tackled Lauren and she giggled.

"This is by far the best year ever! I went on tour, I wrote new songs, I performed at the VMA'S and now I'm going to own my own record label!" I laid down on top of Lauren and she groaned.

"Oh I almost forgot, I've got you." I kissed the side of her head and she smiled. The doorbell rang so I jumped off Lauren and ran down the stairs.

"Louis Tomlinson?" I said questionably and he smiled. I let Simon and Louis in and they both took a seat on the couch. Lauren was walking down the stairs but when she saw Louis, she stopped dead in her tracks. I furrowed my eyebrows and she brought her finger up to her lips, signaling me to be quiet. I sat in front of Simon and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Y/N, I think you're the only one who hasn't let fame get to them. Some people act out or can't deal with it but you, you can handle things with the weight of the world on your shoulders. You've had a successful music career and now I want you to have your own record label. It might sound crazy but I am handing Syco and Epic Records over to you. Do you think you could handle your own music career while you manage others?" Simon asked and I shrugged. Louis scoffed and stood up angrily.

"From what I've heard, you managed to trick L.A Reid and put him in his place. You also set Wendy Williams straight. You can put anyone in their place if you need to. Y/N, I know that you can manage other people. You won't let the amount of power you have get to you. Just think about it this way, you get to be what Simon was to you. Y/N, you get to be a mentor and you get to change people's lives! Don't let me pressure you into this but I think you'd be pretty dumb for rejecting the offer. The decision is yours!" Louis sat back down and I huffed. Simon looked at me with a nervous smile and I dug my face into my hands.

"No harm, no foul. I'll take the record label!" I felt Simon pat my back. Louis sat beside me and kissed the side of my head."Tomlinson, hands off." I shoved him playfully and he smiled.

"You are officially the head of Syco and Epic Records. Do me a big favor and take care of the record label for me, also take care of yourself. I'll see you soon." Simon gave me a quick hug before leaving the house. Louis stood up and walked inside my kitchen, he came back into the room with two glasses of wine. He handed me a glass and I placed it on the table.

"I think I've had my fair share of drinking." Louis sat beside me and chugged his glass of wine down. He put his arm around me and I glared at him.

"Get your filthy hands off my girlfriend." Lauren ran down the stairs and pulled Louis off the couch. I immediately stood up and pulled her away from him.

"Lauren, you're overreacting. He didn't do anything." Lauren let out a low growl so I hugged her. "He'd start hitting on you next, I know how he acts. He'd try to steal you away from me." Lauren raised her voice slightly and I kissed her forehead.

"He couldn't steal me away from you if he tried. I want you and only you, now calm down." I caressed her face but she still looked angry. I sighed and pecked her lips.

"Louis, I'm going to have to ask you to leave my house." I said as I walked towards him. He stood up and gave me a quick hug. "See ya around." Louis winked at me before leaving the house. Lauren stormed off into the room and I chased after her.

"Lauren baby, why are you mad at me? I didn't do anything." I hugged her from behind and she calmed down a little bit. Lauren sighed and turned around to face me.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just tired and jealous. I really want to kick Lo-" I cut Lauren off with a kiss.

"Guess what! I'm the owner of Syco and Epic records!" I twirled Lauren around and she smiled. I put my hands on her waist and she put her arms around my neck.

"Y/N, I'm really happy for you but don't you think that you'll get stressed out?" Lauren asked worriedly and I shook my head.

"As long as I have you, I'm fine. You are my stress reliever." I smirked and Lauren started blushing.

"Kiss?" I said questionably as I leaned in. Lauren smiled and shrugged, my lips almost touched hers but she pushed me away. I groaned and Lauren hid under the covers.

"Lauren, I'm going out with Louis." I pretended to check my phone before slowly walking out of the room. Lauren jumped out of bed and slammed the door shut.

"You're not going anywhere. Give me your phone." Lauren stuck out her hand but I shook my head. She tackled me to the floor and we both started wrestling each other for the phone.

"Am I interrupting something?" Shay asked. Lauren rolled off me and I stood up. "Y/N, you idiot when were you going to tell me! Simon called me and told me to keep an eye on you since you're the new owner of Syco and Epic Records!" Shay put her arm around me before kissing my cheek.

"You know that Carly isn't signed to any record label, right? Maybe you should sign her."

-------------------------
A/N: I should warn you.....there's only two chapters of the story left.