11. Feelings?

11. Feelings?

Sadly, the smoothie bar we went to didn't have potatoes on the menu. Just salad, fruit, and smoothies. Me, Stelena, and Damon were sat at a circular table and I was stealing Damon's blueberry smoothie.

"Drink your own!" Damon whined, pulling the glass away.

"But mine has lumps in it!" I said, pointing to the thick lumps.

"That's the strawberry seeds." Stefan explained, holding back a chuckle. I frowned at him and flicked a napkin in his face; which caused Damon to laugh.

"So guys, me and Stefan were thinking of going to see a movie?" Elena suggested.

Damon pursed his lips. "What movie? Cause I'm not sitting through some lovey dovey, chick flick." I nodded in agreement, and then rolled my eyes as Elena bit her lip with a little smile.

"I think I'll pass." I said.

Damon nodded. "Me too. You and Stefan can go use the free time as an excuse to make out."

"YES!" Stefan shouted, grinning like crazy. "Thanks guys."

Damon patted his shoulder. "Great. Now, what about you two love birds go run along. And I'll find something for me and Nina to do whilst your off."

"That ok with you Nina?" Elena asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. You guys go have fun." I smiled.

Elena grinned back. "We'll see you back at the hotel then. Bye Nina. Bye jerk."

"Hmm, I love you too." Damon said sarcastically. He made a face as Stefan and Elena walked away hand in hand, and then I turned back to face him.

"I guess we forgot about the competition." I pointed out. Damon nodded in agreement and then started playing with a napkin; almost making me think that he was nervous? "You ok Damon?" I asked.

He sighed. "Yeah. It's just..."

When he trailed off, I pursed my lips. Leaning in, Damon looked deeper at me. "Just what?"

"Being with you..." he said; not bothering to finish his sentence once again. I rolled my eyes.

"Being with you, is so disfunctional. I really shouldn't miss you. But I can't let you go." I quoted, smiling a little. Damon however, squinted his eye-brows and stared at me with an unamused expression. "Ok, what's up? Being with me is what?"

"Being with you feels weird." He explained, sighing again. "It's like I'm with Katherine but it's real."

"Damon, I am not Katherine." I said.

"I know, I know. But it feels weird. I mean, I'm having an amazing time with you. And it's even better than when I was with Katherine because I know that this is real. I know that this...bond we have is real."

"What happened to Damon the tough guy?" I smirked.

"He's showing his soft side at the minute." He shrugged. "Now. Don't you feel weird at all? Don't you feel weird being with a vampire that shows a special interest with you?"

I shook my head. "Considering that up until now I didn't know that you even had a special interest with me?"

"You know what? Forget it. It doesn't matter." Damon said, standing up and shoving his chair in. He began walking towards the door and I quickly hurried after him.

"Hey, tough guy!" I called. Damon turned to face me in the street and he smiled.

"I just wanna go back to the hotel." He admitted. "I wanna get drunk and forget about what I was going to say to you."