25. Jealousy?

25. Jealousy

The next day, I woke up with a smile on my face. Damon was at my side, his arms around my waist and my back pressed against his bare chest.

"Are you awake?" I asked, keeping my voice quiet.

"Mmmmm." Damon murmured, squeezing me in tighter. I laughed a little and then placed my hands on his arms. His skin was cold, but I didn't care.

"We should get up, it's almost 3." I said, looking at my clock.

"No." Damon whined, rolling me over so I lay on my stomach. "Try and leave this room and I'll sit on you."

"You're already sitting on me."

"Pfft." Damon scoffed. "Don't act like you don't enjoy it."

"I don't enjoy it though." I lied. "You're too fat for my liking."

"You're awfully cranky today." He muttered.

I giggled and turned round again to lie on my back, which obviously meant that Damon was practically sat on my stomach. I took his hands and smiled.

"That's because it's past 1 o' clock and I have not had my daily intake of coffee." I explained.

"Ah." Damon said, nodding. "Well, I don't like the cranky you so let's go get you some caffeine."

"Yes." I agreed. Suddenly, Damon scooped me up in his arms once again. It was like he just liked to prove that he had amazing vampire strength and could lift me like I was one of the bunnies Stefan would eat.

Damon used his immortal speed, and was sitting me down on the counter in about 3 seconds. In another fraction of a second, he was making coffee.

I laughed.

"What?" He smirked.

"You're making me coffee." I smiled.

"What's wrong wtih that?"

"Nothing." I shrugged. "It's just, when I first met you I thought that you were going to kill me and now you're practically one of my best friends."

"Yup." Damon said, smiling awkwardly? "Best friends..." with that, his voice trailed off and I understood.

That made me think. Yes, i wanted Damon. No, as in I had no idea how to say that to his face. I mean, come on, he might die. Imagine how heartbroken I'd be. That made me think again, as much as everyone seemed to hate Damon, nobody wanted him to die.

Not me.

Not even Stefan.

Damon handed me the coffee and I took a sip before setting it down next to me.

"Damon?" I asked.

"Yes Nina?"

"Do you want to die?"

With a hard face, Damon smirked. "Isn't it a little late for my choice? I mean, I have been dead for the past-"

"I'm serious."

With that, Damon nodded and then made his way over to where I sat on the counter. He reached my face and pressed his forehead agaisnt mine, then took my hands.

He leaned in.

His minty, bourbon scent hitting my cheeks.

I hesitated.

"No." He admitted, his ice blue eyes not leaving mine. "No, no I don't want to die. Why do you ask?"

"Because..." I said. "You never talk...about your feelings, that is. I don't know, you're like a closed book or something. It's like you're too scared to admit what you're thinking. But deep down you want someone to talk to."