June 8 Part 1

June 8, part 1

   This morning I woke up to the sound of moving trucks; our new neighbors were finally moving in. I watched curiously as the movers unloaded truck after truck of furniture.

   What caught my attention the most was the instruments being unloaded. I saw so many different ones as I stared out the window. A violin in a small case, a guitar in a medium sized case, and a cello in large case. A trumpet and something in a small case. Music stand after music stand. Then a truck came with a grand piano. It wasn't put together yet but I could see them putting it together through a downstairs window.

   I was pondering our new neighbors when Erin popped into my room.

"So," she said with sparkling eyes, "I want to hear every detail of your rescue! Especially want your hero looks like!"

I smiled then recounted the whole story.

Erin just swooned. "That's so romantic yet terrible at the same time! What did Toby look like?" She leaned forward in excitement.

I cocked my head to the side picturing Toby. "He was tall, well built, very tan. His eyes were the color of chocolate. His hair was black as night, with a hint of a curl," I said lost in another place. "His nose was a little big, but his smile was perfect..." I sat staring into space after giving my description.

"He sounds super hot," She said bringing me back to the present.

I smiled, "I guess he was."

"Wanna come to my house? We can fix up the Rock for next week." Erin looked at me pleadingly.

"Sounds great! Let's go!" I replied enthusiastically.

Erin squealed with joy.

At Erin's house, we went straight to the Rock and started fixing it up. We put all the toys and games from our childhood in a closet. Then we shifted the furniture a little so everyone would be able to see each other. Finally Erin brought in a rug and rolled it out on the floor.

"What do you think?" She asked smiling.

"This old place never looked so good!" I smiled back.

Erin just squealed again. "Wanna go watch a movie? I got a bunch of great new love stories," She said excitedly.

"Yess!!" I squealed. Me and Erin always watched chick flicks together.

We sat watching movies for hours. When the last one was over I looked to see it was seven.

"I gotta go home," I said standing.

"Okay. I will take you." Erin stood as well.

Upon my arrival home, mom thrust a gift bag in my hand and told me to take it to our new neighbors.

   The door was answered by a kind lady in her forties. She went on and on about how sweet my family is and how polite I am. We talked about the neighborhood, my big family, and how pretty the beach is. After talking for an hour I finally headed home.

   I looked to see two guys walking down the street towards me. One looked vaguely familiar but his face was half hidden by a ball cap.

   I hung my head as we passed. Before I knew it I was bumped by one of the guys. I lost my balance and toppled over. Both boys stopped and stared at me.

"Watch where your going," I said pushing myself to my feet and grabbing my crutches.

"My bad," Said the blonde one grinning. He looked drunk or on the way to it. "So girlie, you got a name?" He asked moving so that he blocked the sidewalk in front of my house.

"It's Eliana Byrd, and I would appreciate it if you would move. I just want to go home," I said politely, but on the inside I was freaking out.

"Oh what a polite little rich girl!" The guy in the ball cap said sarcastically.

"Daddy waiting to read you a bedtime story?" The drunk one sneered.

"Excuse me?!" I exclaimed highly offended. "Do I look like a little girl to you?!" Wrong move. I practically invited them to look their fill. The blonde one did greedily, the other in a calculating way.

"Your bleeding." Remarked the one boy off handedly.

"Thank you. I noticed." I replied sarcastically. "Besides, it's your fault!" I glared and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Actually it was Blake's fault." He inclined his head towards the drunk boy as he spoke. "He's a bit tipsy."

"Wait a second!" I said everything clicking into place. "Your that guy from the beach!"

"I thought you looked familiar. You definitely didn't look like a little girl then." He snorted.

"Ooh. This is the damsel in distress?" Blake's said slurring half of the words.

"Judging by your friends speech he's a little more than tipsy." I pushed past them into my yard.

   No one was home so I went straight to my bathroom to clean myself up. I looked in the mirror and jumped in surprise.

"My god! Are you a ghost?!" I exclaimed. Toby had followed me in silently. "Make noise when you enter someone's house!"

"What was I supposed to do? You rudely limped of in the middle of the conversation," He said acting snooty.

"Do you have any manners?" I turned to face him. "You know, usually when someone leaves in the middle of a conversation it means their done talking!"

Blake stumbled in missing the doorway and ran into the wall. Toby used words I wouldn't dare repeat. Cursing Blake and his drunken stupidity.

"Could you please watch your language?" I yelled.

"You know what I think?" Toby asked studying me again.

"It's rude to answer a question with a question," I chided.

"Excuse me your royal highness." He bowed sarcastically.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Anyways," Toby said, answering his question, "I think your just a spoiled, bossy, rich girl who always does what's right. I think your the definition of the perfect rich girl."

That made me furious. "I am not a perfect little rich girl!" I yelled clenching my fist.

"Prove it." Toby smirked crossing his arms.

"Anytime, any place." I narrowed my eyes.

Toby smiled. "I knew you would say that."

"Of course you did." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"So here's how you prove yourself. Come with me and Blake to a party tonight in Panama City." He said studying my face carefully.

"On one condition." I smirked. Let's see how bad he really is.

"What?" He asked suspiciously.

"I drive."

"How old are you?" He asked furrowing his brow.

"Fifteen." I replied. "I would be the safest bet. Blake's drunk and you've been drinking."

"Fine. You drive."

"Great." I smiled. "When do we leave?"