June 8, Part 3

It took serious self-control to keep from murdering Toby at that moment.

"It's really no big deal. No need to make a fuss." I begged Toby with my eyes to keep his mouth shut. But what did he do? Start telling the whole story...

"So you see," his eyes gleamed as he began the story. "Eliana was at Saint Andrews beach in Panama City yesterday when the unexpected happened."

"I slipped and twisted my ankle. No big deal." I interrupted hoping to end the story before it began but appearently Toby has a death wish.

"Your leaving out the best part!" He exclaimed.

   If I could've found a machete and a trash can Toby would have been so dead...

"You see when Eliana twisted her ankle she fell." More people began to gather at the sound of Toby's voice.

"I fell on some jellyfish." I cut in. I did not want to mention the sea urchin.

"That is," Toby continued. "After she stepped on a sea urchin."

"Oh no!" Britt gasped drawing more attention to us. "What did you do?"

"Well I started swimming to get away from the jellyfish."

"Swimming?" Toby laughed. "Try drowning. She passed out and would have died if I hadn't seen he fall."

Everyone's eyes were glued to him as he continued the embarrassing story.

"I pulled her out and started some first aid. The sea urchin was stuck in he foot so I pulled it out and-"

"Toby, please!" I cried out interrupting him. My face burned with embarrassment, adding to everyone's enjoyment.

"Well let's just say I fixed her foot." He laughed.

I put my head in my head and thought happy thoughts of RIPPING TOBY'S HEAD OFF AND FEEDING IT TO A FAMILY OF BABY SHARKS!!

"How do you fix that?" Joey asked in confusion.

"You pee on it!" Some kid yelled.

   I heard laughter spread through the little crowd.

"That's not even the best part." Toby's smile grew. "Eliana still lay unconscious. Her wet skin glimmering in the sunlight, her swimsuit to her tightly, her lips slightly parted." Toby leaned forward. "Then I did what I had to do. I gave her CPR."

Every girl there practically melted. Obviously they couldn't see that Toby was exaggerating the story. Well maybe he wasn't..

"What did you do when she came to?" Casey asked. Apparently no one wants my opinion.

"I asked her if she was okay."

"And I looked at him like he was stupid. What idiot thinks you may be okay after you almost drown?" That got some laughs.

Toby looked slightly embarrassed.

"Here's the real question." Kayla's eyes sparkled mischievously. "Did you give your rescuer a kiss?"

"Yeah!" Nora exclaimed. "As a token of your appreciation."

"No." I replied nervously.

"You have to!" Britt cried. "It's the right thing to do!"

Everyone started yell for me to kiss Toby.

   I took a deep breath and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. At the last minute he moved and our lips met. The world faded away as his hands cupped my face. I kissed him back briefly before pulling back breathlessly.

   Everyone cheered before moving on to do their own things. Me and Toby just sat and stared at each other. Finally Toby looked away.

"Am I that bad of a kisser?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked still trying to catch my breath.

"Uh you kissed me." Toby raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah I mean no. Why did you move? I was gonna kiss your cheek!" I exclaimed in anger.

"Oh please you gave the people want the wanted. That was the plan right?" He sounded angry too.

I shook my head in frustration. I felt tears in my eyes and hurried to the bathroom. I slammed the door and locked it. I covered my face and cried.

A few minutes later I heard a voice.
"Is everything okay in there?" A deep voice asked.

I thought I was going to die of embarrassment! "I'm fine! Go away!"

"Are you sure? You looked upset when you went in there." He sounded concerned.

I slowly opened the door. "I'm fine." I repeated.

He looked at my tear soaked face skeptically. "I'm Connor."

"I'm Eliana." I replied sniffling.

"It's nice to meet you." He smiled kindly.

I smiled back. Connor is incredibly handsome. He has perfect fair skin. When I say perfect I mean he doesn't even have a freckle! His sea green eyes crinkle around the edges when he smiles, and his glasses add to his over all hotness.

"So are you and Toby together? Like a couple?" He asked.

"Me and Toby? No way." I shook my head adamantly. "We're just neighbors."

"Close neighbors." He muttered.

"Uh maybe we should go somewhere else to talk." I said remembering where we were.

"Okay. I know a good place." He smiled and led me to the front porch. We sat on the swing and talked for hours about unimportant things.

"Oh no!" I cried looking at my phone. "It's curfew! I gotta go!"

"Wait!" He called out. But I was already gone.
•••
"Toby! My moms texting like crazy! I missed curfew I need to go home!" I cried when I found him.

He looked up from the group he had been with before.

"Yeah sure. Bye guys." He said standing.

"You aren't coming back?" Nora asked in disappointment.

"Nah. I got work tomorrow." He waved as we left.

"So what have you been up to?" He asked.

"I've been talking to Connor Hopkins." I smiled looking out the window dreamily.

"Connor Hopkins?" He shot me a look. "How long have you known him?"

"About three hours." I sighed.

We drove the rest of the time in silence. I looked out the window apprehensively when we reached my house.

"Goodnight." Toby said quietly as I got out if the car.

"Goodnight." I replied.