July 7, part 3

Toby's P.O.V.

As soon as I got home I rushed upstairs to find my phone. I turned it on to see messages and missed calls flood in. How could I have been so stupid as to forget my phone at home for a week?

I quickly texted everyone to let them know I was okay before calling Eliana. I figured she'd be pretty upset and probably wouldn't answer. However she did pick it up on the third ring.

I immediately started apologizing. "Hey, Eliana. I'm so sorry I didn't answer you I was-" I broke off. There was really loud music and shouting I the background. "Where are you? Are you at a party?" I asked quickly. She'd never been to a real party before. Just the little things we throw with the group.

"Yep!" She said popping the 'p' and erupting into giggles. "Yep! Yep! Yep!"

"Wait... Are you drunk?" I asked seriously.

"Noooo." She said. I heard a slight crash on the other end of the line as of she'd ran into something. "Oh! There you are!" She said to someone at the party. For a moment it seemed she completely forgot that she was on the phone. "Get me another fruity drink will ya?"

"No!" I shouted over the phone. She sounded royally drunk. The last thing she needed was more alcohol. "No more drinks! I'm coming to get you." I said grabbing my keys and heading for the door.

"Hmm? Oh! Okie dokie. You come to the party at Connors house too! I'll get you a fruity drink!" She exclaimed hanging up the phone.

Great. Just great. She was drunk and alone at a party where all kinds of guys could take advantage of here. At least she told me where the party was before hanging up on me.

I sped over to Connors house as fast as I could. I had to park a couple blocks away because of the number of cars blocking the street. I ran as fast as I could to the house and fought my way through to the bar hopping she might still be there. Sadly, she wasn't.

"Hey." I said to the bartender. "You haven't happened to talk to a girl named Eliana have you? She has black hair and green eyes?" I asked hurriedly.

"Yeah but you just missed her." He replied eyeing me suspiciously.

"I'm Toby. She's a good friend of mine. Could you happen to tell me where she went?"

His looked at me gravely. "Connor just took her upstairs."

I felt the color drain from my face. Then I turned and ran.

~~~~

Eliana's P.O.V.

Connor led me upstairs to his bedroom and closed the door behind us. I staggered over to his bed to lay down for a minute.

"You have a comfy bed." I told him bouncing on the mattress.

He smiled in amusement. "Yes it's very nice."

I kicked my shoes off and started looking around his room. He had pictures on the wall of him and his family. He also had several pictures of him with his friends. When I turned back around Connor was standing very close to me.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said trapping me against the wall.

"Uh thanks." Even with the alcohol clouding my mind I knew there was something wrong with the way he was looking at me.

"Ellie, I want there to still be an us." He said leaning closer so that his body was pressed against mine.

"Sorry." I said. "But I don't want a boyfriend right now."