June 15

"Connor." I said in surprise opening the front door. "What are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood and thought I would stop and see if you have plans for tonight." He smiled placing his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry. I'm supposed to go to my friend Erin's house tonight. She's trying to start this club for teens with problems like depression and I promised I would help." I explained.

"Oh." He looked disappointed. "Can I come?"

"If you want to." I said surprised he wanted to go.

"Okay." His smile came back. "You ready to leave?"

"Yeah." I said. "Mom I'm leaving for Erin's!"

"Okay!"

I closed the door and walked with Connor to his car. He opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"Here." Connor handed me his phone. "Send the group your friends address and tell them what y'all are trying to start."

"Okay." I said excepting his phone and quickly sending the message.
~~~

"Oh my god. Who's the hunk you brought with you?" Erin exclaimed pulling me aside when we arrived at her house.

"Connor Hopkins." I smiled.

"He's even hotter than you described him!" She stared at him in awe as he walked towards us. "He's so perfect!"

"Hi. You must Erin. I've heard so much about you." Connor smiled shaking her hand.

"All good things I hope." She smiled flirtatiously.

"Of course." He smirked.

"Hey guys!" Said a voice from behind us.

"Kayla! You came!" I whirled around to face her.

"Of course! God knows I have plenty of problems." She hugged me.

Soon everyone in the group had arrived except for Casey who moved last week. We all sat in a circle on couches or chairs. I was between Kayla and Erin on a fluffy couch.

"You look really familiar." Joey said squinting his eyes and studying Erin.

"Uh... I probably just look like someone you know." Erin said avoiding his eyes. "Let's get started!"

"Wait a second.. YOUR THE GIRL FROM THE CRUISE!" He exclaimed.

Erin's eyes widened and she didn't answer.

"You guys know each other?" I asked curiously.

"She followed me around for weeks." He smirked.

"I did not! YOU STALKED ME!" She yelled jumping up.

"Please. You were just playing hard to get." He scoffed.

"I am hard to get!" She exclaimed in aggravation.

"It's okay baby doll. I know you want me." He winked.

"What did I do to deserve this?" She groaned looking at the ceiling.

Everyone was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Anyone wanna share?" She sighed falling back on the couch.

"I do." Kayla spoke up.

"Okay. Go for it." Erin smiled.

"Okay." Kayla took a deep breath. "Last year I found out that I will never be able to have kids. I was devastated. I called my boyfriend thinking he would comfort me but instead he broke up with me."

"That's terrible!" I gasped.

"I know. He said he wanted children and if I wouldn't be able to give him any than he didn't want me." She sniffled wiping away tears. "I tried changing myself to get him to like me but he still didn't."

"I'm so sorry." I said wrapping her in a hug as she sobbed.

"Kayla, why didn't you tell us?" Toby asked from across the room.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "David was moving anyway and I didn't want to cause a bunch of problems. I felt it was better to suffer alone than to burden y'all with my problems."

"That's what friends are for." Britt smiled sadly.

"Thanks guys." Kayla said wiping away the few remaining tears. "Someone else go now."

"I will." I stood up. "Where do I start? Okay so ever since I was little I've been insecure. I remember looking in the mirror when I was nine and crying because I thought I was ugly." I spoke in a soft voice. "The older I got the more insecure I was. When I was thirteen my friends started talking about their boyfriends and dating and until last week I hadn't even been kissed. It's just that for years I watched as everyone found someone they loved or at least thought they loved and I was still alone. Then when Valerie stole me crush.." I broke off.

"What?! Your sister stole your crush?!" Toby jumped up.

"Yeah. I didn't mean to say that." I felt my heart speed up. Everyone was looking at me. I couldn't catch my breath. It was all to much. All the feelings and emotions were coming back in a flood and I was drowning.

Strong arms wrapped around me. Toby whispered in my ear for me to breath but I couldn't. I didn't know what was happening to me. I felt myself being led from the room.

"It's okay Eliana. We're alone. It's okay. Just breath." Toby's voice stayed by my ear.

"Toby what just happened?" I asked frightened.

"You had an anxiety attack. Have you had one before?" He asked concern lacing his voice.

I shook my head and held on to him. Tears blurred my vision and began to spill down my face.

"It's okay. It's over." He tilted my face up so that I was looking at him. "It's okay I have them too sometimes."

"Really?" I asked skeptically.

"Yeah. It's no big deal." He held me close to him.

"Over the past week I seemed to forget about everything. Then when I was talking about it I felt overwhelmed by emotions and all. I didn't know what to do." My voice quivered.

"I understand." He rubbed my back. "Just try not to think about it."

I focused on his voice only. "You have a nice voice. I bet you could sing." I said looking up at him.

He laughed. "I only sing when I'm drunk."

"Please sing for me!" I pouted and did my best puppy dog eyes.

"Your cute but it's not happening." He smiled down at me.

"Jerk." I crossed my arms.

He laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

"Nothing." He smiled down at me. "Come on. Time to go back." He helped me stand.

"Do I look okay?" I asked straightening my hair.

He studied me playfully. "Good as new." He smiled.

The rest of the night was spent on a much less serious note. No one mentioned what happened and I was glad. I didn't want to admit it but I was still scared.

I spent the night with Erin. Her going on and on about how good it worked out and me trying to forget what happened...