Do You Believe Me Now?

A/N This one is gonna be a little different. It's gonna be somewhat from Minho's point of view and at first it will be Minewt but endgame is Newtmas I swear. Also it's based off the song Do You Believe Me Now by Jimmy Wayne. bold and italicized is song lyrics, just italicized is flashback, and regular print is the present.

Minho POV

Do you remember the day I turned to you and said I don't like the way he was looking at you? Yeah. And how he made you laugh. You just couldn't get what I was saying, It was my imagination.

"Newt do you realize that Thomas looks at you differently than he did before?"  Minho asked his boyfriend of nearly two months.

"I'm sure you're just seeing things Minho." The blonde answered lazily, obviously not worried about it in the slightest.

"What about how he makes you laugh more than any person on this planet, including me," The Asian continued.

"Min, this is crazy. You're stressing over nothing. It's just because we've been friends since we were toddlers. It's all in your head." The blonde tried to sooth the other boy.

"Yeah, sure. Okay." Newt just didn't get it.

So do you believe me now? I guess I really wasn't that crazy, And I knew what I was talkin bout. Every time the sun goes down he's the one that's holding you baby. Yeah me I'm missin you way 'cross town So do you believe me now?

Minho saw them every now and again: walking through the hallways holding hands; out at some fancy restaurant; sitting together laughing, talking, and just staring into each others eyes not even paying attention to anyone around them. Minho knew he wasn't crazy all those months ago when he and Newt were still together and Newt claimed it was nothing. Look who was right though.

I'm kickin myself for being the one foolish enough giving him the chance to step in my shoes. He was biding his time when he saw our love was having a moment of weakness. He was there between us.

"Minho stop it!" Newt hollered as Minho brought up the whole Thomas fiasco for the hundredth time in the past week. "Bloody hell! He's my best friend! What, am I just supposed to drop all of my  friends because you are jealous?"  Newt inquired.

"That's not what I'm trying to say!" Minho was also getting pretty mad at this point. They'd had this argument before but this time something just felt different. Like one wrong move would send everything spiraling downward.

"Then what are you trying to say Minho, because it sure does sound like that's what you're trying to say." Newt was almost on the verge of crying now. Normally that would have sent a warning bell in Minho's head to stop before he says something he'll regret but Minho wasn't paying much attention today.

"I'm saying I don't like Thomas hanging out with you! I just don't like it! I don't want y'all hanging out!"" And there it is. The straw that broke the camels back. Tears were rolling down Newt's face now.

"You can't do that Min! He's my best friend. I wouldn't leave him for the world." His voice was cracking as he talked. Minho felt the effect of what he said a little too late because Newt had already run off crying.

"Newt!" He tried to yell to catch the others attention but he ignored him. Minho followed him only to find him running to Thomas. He watched as Thomas wrapped his arms around Newt and asked what's wrong. From where Minho stood he could faintly hear Newts quiet broken voice tell Thomas they had been in yet another fight.

"I know you don't want to hear this Newt but I think y'all need to take a break. This many fights can't be good for y'all's relationship." Minho's anger boiled again as he heard that but it vanished when Newt nodded softly and whispered back "I know."

Minho didn't want to hear or see anymore of this so he did hat he did best. He ran.

The next day Newt pulled him to the side after 1st period telling him he thinks they should take a break. Minho felt tears roll down his face but let Newt leave without protesting because he knew when Newt made up his mind he wouldn't change it. The only person who had ever convinced him to change his mind was Thomas.

3 weeks later Newt and Thomas were together.

So do you believe me now? I guess I really wasn't that crazy, And I knew what I was talkin bout. Every time the sun goes down he's the one that's holding you baby. Yeah me I'm missin you way 'cross town So do you believe me now? 

Minho has overheard Teresa, Thomas's twin, yappin to her friends about how Newt stays the night with Thomas all the time. She and her friends find them adorable together so they always talk about them during 5th period biology. It wouldn't be that bad if he didn't have to sit at a table with the three of 'em.

She's gossiped about how they've fallen asleep cuddled on the couch while some movie or TV show played in the background, or the part that Minho really didn't want to hear, how they're so loud that she can hear them moaning in her room. Definitely not what he wants to hear about his ex boyfriend that he still has feelings for.

Oh yeah I bet now you see the light. Oh yeah what's the use in being right, when i'm the lonely one tonight. So do you believe me now? I guess I really wasn't that crazy, And I knew what I was talkin bout. Every time the sun goes down he's the one that's holding you baby. Yeah me I'm missin you way 'cross town So do you believe me now?

Sure, Minho loved being right, but what's the use in being right when He's sleeping alone while Newt was cuddled up with Thomas after finally realizing what Minho had been so constantly worried about. Minho blamed himself for being so persistent about the issue that he drove Newt right into the arms of Thomas. All he could do was just hope Newt was happy and that Thomas isn't stupid enough to make the same mistake he did.

A/N I felt bad for Minho while writing this but I heard this song on the way home from school today and I really wanted to write this. Really hoping i'll get around to updating this more.