Backroads

A/N this one isn't really a fanfic it's just a little AU thing. Also I made this somewhat based on my day yesterday. Those picture at the top I took yesterday when I went backroading with my mom, sister, and stepdad.

AU

Thomas convinces Newt to go backroading. At first Newt is wary because he's still kinda new to America let alone the south. But he eventually gives in to Thomas' puppy dog eyes. They get into Thomas' jeep and head out. The view is astounding. Once they are on the backroads Newt isn't wary anymore. They drive along until they come across a little river. Thomas stops the jeep and they get out. Thomas also convinces Newt to swim in the water with him. After about an hour of swimming they are back on the road. Thomas has his phone on shuffle and when the song Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi comes on he starts singing along really loud making Newt laugh every now and then. Newt sings along on the chorus. At the end of the day they start to head to Minho's house for a cook out. Teresa, Aris, Frypan, Chuck, Alby, Gally, and Winston are all there. Most of the guys are watching the football game (Ole Miss vs LSU) which is projected onto a big white board out side in the porch. Newt is sitting on Thomas' lap and the two of them are having a conversation with Teresa because the three of them aren't really into the game. Later that night they started a bonfire are made s'mores. Thomas and Newt were bundled up together under a blanket because even though it was warm that day the night was cold. They shared a s'more and Teresa commented saying they were the cutest couple ever. After about an hour Newt fell asleep in Thomas' arms. After another half hour Thomas was out too. In the morning when Thomas woke up he picked Newt up and carried him to his jeep. He placed him in the passenger seat, buckled him in, then kissed his forehead. He walked back walked back to the driver side and got in and buckled up. He started the engine then just watched Newt sleep for a few minutes.

"You gonna drive or are you gonna stare at me all day?" Newt asked groggily with a little smirk playing on his mouth. I grabbed his hand and leaned over and kissed him. Then I pulled out of Minho's driveway and headed home