Asking Permision

A/N a little based off the song Marry Your Daughter by Brian McKnight Jr. and Niko McKnight.

Thomas POV

Newt and I have been dating for 3 years now and I wanna take the next step. So one afternoon while Newt is still at work I go over to his parents house.

Saying I'm nervous is an understatement.

I walk up to the door and, after a small hesitation, knock. His father answers.

"Sir, I'm a bit nervous about being here today. Still not really sure what I'm going to say. So bare with me please, if I take up too much of your time." I pause and pull out a small box.

"See, in this box is a ring for your oldest. He is my everything and all that I know is it will be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side, because very soon I'm hoping that I can marry your son and make him my husband. I want him to be the only boy that I love for the rest of my life and give him the best of me till the day that I die." I stop to wait for what he's going to say. I'm super nervous.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence he finally speaks.

"You've treated him nice and fine in these 3 years and I don't doubt you'll ever stop treatin him like that either. I've also never seen him as happy as when he's with you so that is why I give you my blessing." When he stops he smiles at me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you sir! And don't worry I'll treat him like a king." I say with a huge smile plastered on my face. He smiles again at that. "Sorry I can't stay longer but I have to get back before Newt gets off work."

"Well hurry along then son." I smile when he calls me son. It's like another little reassurance that he gives me his blessing.

"Goodbye. See you later."

"Good luck."

And with that I'm gone.

5 days later

I bought the ring the day after I asked his father for permission. Then for the next 3 days I've been planning everything. I have reservations at a nice restaurant downtown. Then when we're done we will walk around town and see all the Christmas lights that are up. Next I'm going to take him to the rooftop of this building where you can see everything. I've already put lights up all around the rooftop because it's quite dark up there. That's the place I'm going to propose.

Right now I'm just waiting for Newt to get off work. So I flip on some Christmas movie they are playing on Hallmark. I barely pay attention to it though because I'm lost in thought.

Until I hear the door open. I look over at the door. Newt is standing there looking as amazing as ever.

"Hey Tommy."

"Hey Newt."

"Didn't you say we had plans tonight?"

"Yes." I jumped up at that. "Hurry get ready we have to be at the first place in..." I pause to look at my watch, "45 minutes and it's a good 15 minute walk from here."

"Geeez, Tommy, you look nervous. I'm sure we'll make it in time. Calm down some." With that he walks into our bedroom to get ready.

Oh Newt that is not why I'm so nervous.

We do make it to dinner in time. And that went by splendidly. Now we are walking around town looking at Christmas lights as we make our way to the next location.

"I just love Christmas lights." Newt says as we are walking.

"Me too, but I love you more." I say with a cheeky grin.

"I love you more than anything." Newt responds giving me a quick kiss.

"I don't doubt it, but I love you more."

"Impossible."

"Nope. Not impossible because I do."

After another couple of minutes we make it to the building and I lead him down the alleyway next to it. We climb the fire escape all the way to the rooftop.

When we reach it I wait a second for Newt to get up and then I turn on the lights. Newt looked amazed.

We made our way to the ledge and we both leaned against it taking in the view.

"This is amazing. This whole night has been amazing." Newt says. I smile.

"It only gets better." I say stepping back and getting on one knee behind him. I pull the box out of my pocket.

"What do you mean?" He asks then turns around. His hand flew to his mouth.

"Newt I love you so much. You're the best thing in my life. You are my everything. I want you to be the only one that I love for the rest of my life. I will give you the best of me till the day that I die. These past 3 years have been more than amazing and I want them to continue forever. I want to be by your side for the rest of my life. Newt will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course I'll marry you Tommy."

I jump up and kiss him. While we are kissing I slide the ring on his finger. I feel him smile against my lips.

A/N would y'all be okay if I wrote 1 that was Newt and Stiles but it was also Newt and Thomas?