Carry On

It's been 3 months since Minho broke up with Thomas and Thomas was still depressed. They had been together for a year then Minho dumped him saying he "didn't want to be in a relationship."

Teresa has had enough of it though.

"Thomas get your ass out of bed and get ready. In 10 minutes we are leaving even if all you have on is a pair of underwear." She instructed then closed the door before he could protest.

Reluctantly he got ready and was out in the living room in 8 minutes. He had on a black t-shirt under a green Under Armour sweatshirt and a pair of skinny jeans. He also had on his green tennis shoes. If you can't tell he loves the color green. That's why most of his friends call him Greenie.

As soon as Teresa noticed he was ready she yanked him towards her convertible Camaro. When the were both buckled up she pulled out the the apartment complex they were both currently staying at. They drove.

Teresa went down backroads and on the highway and eventually downtown. Suddenly she got this look on her face. It was too dark for Thomas to get a good look at her face and see that she was slowly forming a plan in her head.

Suddenly she grabbed her phone and plugged it up to her car. She got on her songs then scrolled until she got to the song she was looking for then she hit play. The first lyrics Thomas heard was "Well I woke up to the sound of silence, The cars were cutting like knives in a fistfight, and I found you with a bottle of wine your haed in the curtains and heart like the Fourth of July. You swore and said we are not, we are not shining stars. This I know, I never said we are. Though I've never been through hell like that I've closed enough windows to know you can never look back." Thomas groaned. Of course Teresa would choose this song.

"If you're lost and alone or you're sinking like a stone, carry ooooonnn." Teresa was singing at the top of her lungs. "May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry ooooonnnn." Thomas couldn't help but to laugh at her awful singing. "HEY YOU LAUGHED!" She shouted. I gave her a small small small smile. To which she replied with, "At least it's an improvement."

By the time the chorus came around again Teresa had convinced Thomas to sing it with her.

"If you're lost and alone or you're sinking like a stone, carry ooooonnn. May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry ooooonnnn."

And so they continued singing along to the song. When it ended Teresa pulled over at a bar. Thomas groaned. What was Teresa trying to do?

After much arguing Thomas reluctantly got out the car and followed Teresa inside. Within 5 minutes a guy had already swooped her away. So Thomas made his way over to the bar where he ordered a beer. Then, not wanting to stay in here, he walked outside. He went and sat on the sidewalk a few feet away from the entrance to the club. He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear someone say something to him at first. Then the person spoke again and this time Thomas heard.

"Tommy?" Thomas recognized that voice immediately for that was the voice of the first person he called when Minho broke up with him. That was the voice of the person who tried to comfort him through these past 3 months. That was the voice of a young British boy he's been friends with since before he could remember. Thomas turned to look at him.

"Hey Newt."

"What are you doin' out here in the bloody cold with only a sweatshirt on?"

"Thinking. Teresa dragged me here then within 5 minutes she was already swooped away and I was left alone so I went and ordered a beer then came out here to think." Thomas explained.

"Well, I don't want you catchin a bloody cold because you were sittin out here in the cold. Come on." Newt held his hand out to help Thomas up. Thomas took it.

"But what about Teresa? She might get worried." Thomas wasn't really worried about Teresa he was just trying to stall.

"I'll text her later." I sighed then followed him to his car. "You can stay with me tonight so you don't have to stay by yourself." I only nodded.

A couple minutes later and we are pulling up at his apartment complex. "Thanks." I said softly, glad that I wasn't alone again.

"Anytime Tommy." Newt said with a smile. And damn was his smile contagious because not a second later I found myself smiling too. Which just mad him smile even wider. "There ya go Greenie."

Once they were inside Thomas flopped down on the couch grabbing a blanket off the back.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure, why not."

"You can pick out the movie. I'll fix the popcorn." Newt walked into the kitchen and Thomas scrolled through Netflix. He picked a random movie from the horror section. He didn't even bother to look at the name because quite honestly he really didn't care.

Soon Thomas and Newt were sitting on the couch watchin a scary movie and eating popcorn. After the movie was over it was Newts turn to pick a movie. This time Thomas did notice the title. "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

"Really Newt?"

"What can I say? It's one of my favorites." Thomas already knew this though. Thomas knew everything about Newt. Or so he thought. He didn't know Newt had a massive crush on him.

After about an hour Thomas felt something hit his shoulder. He looked over to see that Newt had fallen asleep. Thomas moved to where he was laying down on the couch and Newt was between him and the back of the couch. Newt's head still resting on him but now his arms were wrapped around him. Thomas remembered something from the first season of Friends about Ross "grabbing the spoon" and thought, "maybe grabbing a new spoon wouldn't be so bad."

A/N comment if you want me to make a second part to this