Haunted House

A/N since it's so close to Halloween some of these next couple of chapters might have something to do with Halloween

Thomas POV

It's a cool October day. I just got home from school. I walk up to my room and turn on my phone since I turned it off today to save the battery. Almost as soon as it turns on it beeps. I look at the message.

Newt:

Me and you are going to a haunted house tonight. Pick you up at 9.

I smiled. Newt and I have been dating for almost a year now and it's been the best year of my life. Without a doubt.

Me:

Okay. See you at 9.

I decide to take a shower. When I get out I put on my clothes. A black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Then I put on some deodorant.

I look at the clock and see it's only 6:45. So I warm up some left over pizza and grab a coke then go turn on the tv in the living room.

At 7:30 my mom gets home. Shes a teacher but some days she stays at the school for a long time to get her lesson plans ready and all that other stuff teachers have to do. My dad isn't really in the picture anymore. He still comes around on the same day every year. Which just happens to be tomorrow. He doesn't know about me and Newt. Shuck he doesn't even know I'm gay.

"Hey sweetie." My mom interrupts my thoughts.

"Hey mom. I'm going to a haunted house tonight with Newt." I inform her.

"Okay just drive safe and be careful." She's use to me spending all my Friday nights and almost every other night with Newt. We have small talk every now and then till 8:30. I jump up and run to my room to put on my shoes and put on a hoodie. I brush my teeth again then grab my phone and headphones off my bed.

"I'm gonna wait for him outside!" I yell to my mom.

"Okay sweetie! Have fun! Love you!"

"Love you too mom!" Then I dart outside.

I sit on the steps and listen to Fall Out Boy until Newt gets here. At 9 o'clock sharp Newt pulls into the driveway. I walk over to his car and get in the passenger seat.

"Talk about being on time." I say with a smirk.

"Hey when I say I'm gonna pick you up at 9 I'm gonna bloody do it." He responds. I smile then lean over and give him a quick kiss. Soon we are pulling out of the driveway. We just chat about our day for a few minutes before we fall into a comfortable silence.

At about 9:25 we reach the haunted house. There's a line but surprisingly not as long as I expected it to be. We wait in line. I snuggle up to Newt since it's so cold. He wraps his arms around me and I immediately start to feel warmer. When our turn finally comes we break away and settle with just holding hands. We are sent in with a few other people.

We start walking through a room which I'm guessing is the living room because there's a TV that's on but it's just static. I swear I saw movement in the corner of the room near the door we have to go through next. I tighten my grip on Newt's hand to brace myself for what's coming. We reach the doorway and sure enough someone jumps out at us. His costume was scary as hell. He looked like a real zombie. We rush into the next room.

This room must be the kitchen. a refrigerator is in the far corner with a stove next to it. The counter makes like a "U" kinda. With the sink by the back wall and a dishwasher next to it. On our right is a table. It's kinda dark on this side so I can't make out much other than the table.