Panic Attack

A/N I got this idea from Teen Wolf and this is a Stiles/Newt one shot btw. Sorry if you don't like it. You don't have to watch Teen Wolf to get this.
Set during season 3A episode 11
Also song reference to Holding Out For A Hero by Ella Mae Bowen
Sorry if this sucks.

Stiles POV

My dad's missing. Actually more like taken. He's going to be ritually sacrificed if we don't find him in time. I can't loose him too. Melissa has also been taken. She is like my other mother. I can't loose her either. I need them in my life.

"I just go a text from Isaac." Lydia announced. We are standing in the hallway at school with Newt. Me and Newt met the first day he moved her from England. He was in my English class. Since then we've become good friends and he also knows about all this supernatural stuff.

"What'd he say?" I ask.

"Allison's dad has been taken."

"No no no no no no. She has them all now." My hands are shaking involuntarily now and I can feel sweat start to form on my forehead. My vision was going in and out of focus. The hallway was spinning. My heart rate was increasing. I spun around looking for an exit or something.

"Stiles?" I faintly heard someone say. The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't focus on it. I was having a hard time breathing.

"Stiles what's wrong?" That time it was Newt. I don't know how I was able to tell that was Newt when I couldn't tell who the other person was but right now isn't the time to worry about that.

"I think I'm having a panic attack." I manage to say. I feel someone grab my arm and start leading me somewhere but I can't focus on where. Meanwhile my mind is thinking all this things about what will happen to my dad just making me panic even more. I don't even realize that we are now in the locker room and I'm sitting on a bench with Lydia and Newt knelt in front of me.

"Think of anything else." A distant voice says.

"Like what?" I ask between ragged breaths.

"Happy things. Good things. Friends family." with the last word I look up at her. Seriously family? My moms dead. I was there with her when she died. And now my dad was gonna be ritually sacrificed. "Er I mean not family oh god."

"Just try and slow your breathing." Newt attempts to help.

"I can't. I can't." I manage. What if my dads already been killed. What if I have no family left anymore. Sure I have my friends that are like family but they are the same you know.

"Stiles look at me." Newt demands grabbing my face. "Shush Stiles. Look at me. Shush." he whispers in a soothing voice. I lock my eyes on his still feeling the panic that's taken over my body.

Then something I never would of expected happened. Newt had his lips pressed against mine. Sure I might of had a small crush on him but I would of never expected this.

He finally pulls back.

"How'd you know to do that?" I asked shocked that it stopped my panic attack.

"My mom use to get panic attacks a lot and my dad would always kiss her to make them stop. When I asked him how kissing helped he told me that when he kisses her she holds her breath. When I kissed you you held your breath." He explained with a small shrug.

"Did I?" He nods. "Thanks."

He gives me this huge smile that I've only ever seen him give me. "No problem." I smile back.

"Guys I got a text from Allison I'm gonna go pick up her and Isaac. Y'all meet is back at the Animal Clinic." She says as she starts to head towards the door.

"Alright."

Once I've regained my breath we head to my jeep. The radio starts up as soon as I start the engine. Holding Out For A Hero is playing.

Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need.

I need a hero.

I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night.

He's gotta be strong, he's gotta be fast, and he's gotta be fresh from the fight.

I need a hero.

I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light.

He's gotta be sure, he's gotta be soon, and he's gotta be larger than life.

I turn my head to look at Newt with a genuine smile on my face.

"You know I guess you're my hero." I tell him.

"Then that must mean you're mine." He replies.

I turn my head so I'm facing the road again. The smile dropping from my face. "I'm not a hero." I say in a weak voice.

"Sure you are. You're my batman who always fights off the bad guys who come near me." He says. I look at him expecting him to be smiling but he looks serious.

"You're my superman who sweeps me off my feet." I respond. He smiles a little at that.

"Newt when you kissed me, was that only to stop the panic attack our dis part of you want to actually kiss me?" I ask a little afraid of the answer.

"I guess part of me did want to actually kiss you." he responded in a small voice. We had just arrived at the Animal Clinic and we were parked outside.

"Good, that'll make this a lot less awkward." I say. He has a confused look on his face before I crash my lips onto his.

"You're my superman. Mine." I growl when I pull back.

"And you're my batman." He responds before kissing me again.