5

Karlie's POV

After I shut the door behind me I look around Taylor's apartment from my spot on the mat behind the door. "This is what I like to call home sweet home. You can come in you know." Taylor says, laughing lightly. I awkwardly laugh and take my shoes and jacket off and leave them at the door, hanging my jacket on the coatrack. "Listen, karlie. I don't want you to think of me as a teacher outside of school okay? I want to be your friend outside of school. Youre 15 right?" Taylor asks, waiting for me to answer. I just nod my head. "And I'm only 19. Outside of school, I'm your friend okay? I just don't want you thinking it's awkward being at your teachers house for dinner, that's all." Taylor finishes. "I....yeah, that is a good idea. Thank you for wanting to be my friend, Taylor." I say with a genuine smile. "No problem, Kar." She says, my heart fluttering at the nickname. "I'm going to start cooking so just make yourself at home and I'll let you know when it's ready." She says, busying herself with finding ingredients and things in her kitchen. "Do you want any help?" I ask, wanting to do something to help her. "No, Karlie, just make yourself at home. The living room is that way if you want to watch tv or something." She says, pointing across the kitchen to her living room. I smile at her and walk into her living room and sit down to watch tv. I turn the tv and begin watching an episode of a friends marathon that's on. I start to worry about what Josh will do since I didn't come right back home. After about 1 and a half episodes of friends, I hear footsteps behind me that are getting louder. Taylor wraps her arms around me lightly from behind, causing my skin to break out into thousands of goosebumps just from her touch. "Hey, dinner's ready Kar." Taylor says into my ear. "Yum, I'm hungry." I say with a laugh. I stand up from the couch and walk over and meet Taylor's waiting hand with mine. "What were you watching?" She asks on our walk to the kitchen table. "Friends. It's one of my favorite shows." She gasps after I say that and I stop walking, slightly panicked. "What? What's wrong Tay?" I ask, deciding to try a nickname for her as well. "Oh my gosh I LOVE friends. I watch it all the time. Smelly Cat is forever one of my favorite songs!" She says, smiling wide at me. "I love that song too!" I laugh, calming down.
We sit down and eat the spaghetti and garlic bread that Taylor prepared for us and its some of the best food I' ever tasted. "Have you thought of opening a restaurant?" I ask, half joking. "No, why?" Taylor asks, seeming to be confused. "Because this food is delicious!" I take another bite of the spaghetti noodles I've been twirling around my fork. Taylor laughs at this. "Well thanks! I'm glad you like it."

We spend the rest of dinner talking and getting to know each other more. It just feels so nice to have a dinner with someone and be laughing and talking instead of me screaming and scared. It starts to get a little bit late and since it's a school night I figure I should get home soon. "Want me to take you home Karlie?" Taylor asks, seeing me looking at the clock on her wall. "Y-yeah, sure. Thank you for tonight Taylor. It was amazing and dinner was wonderful." I say, really grateful for having such a peaceful meal. "No problem Kar. Thanks for saving me earlier. C'mon, let's get you home." She says, extending her hand. I link my hand with hers and we walk out of her house hand in hand together out to her car.

When we finally get to my house, I start to get really nervous of Josh. I knew he would probably be drunk and pissed at me. Taylor pulls into my driveway and turns the car off. We get out of her car and her hand meets mine again. I grip onto her hand so tightly that I'm sure I'm breaking it. "Woah, Karlie, what's wrong?" She asks, stopping walking to turn to me. "Come here, it's okay." She opens her arms and I'm hugging her in the middle of my driveway, where I'm sure Josh can see. When I'm getting more calm, I let go of Taylor and grab her hand again and walk to the door. I open the door and know that Josh won't be bad to me when someone else is here. Josh walks up to the door with the beer bottle in his hands but places it on the table when he sees Taylor. "Hi Karlie, welcome home." He says to me sweetly, but I can already feel his fury. Taylor must be oblivious to that though, since she just smiles at him. I take my jacket off once again and I take my shoes off as well. "Want anything to drink?" I ask Taylor, who nods her head and walks over to the fridge with me. As I get a water out for myself, I make sure to get Taylor one as well. By the time I shut the door of the refrigerator, Josh is passed out at the table. I take Taylor's hand now and lead her to the living room. "Want to watch a movie or something for a bit? It's only 8pm." I ask, sitting on the couch. "Sure, anything besides scary movies." She says with a light laugh.

Taylor's POV

Karlie lets me pick out a movie off of her DVD rack and I pick the notebook. A classic, and one of my favorites. I sit back down on the couch and sit next to Karlie. Halfway through the movie I feel a weight on my shoulder and I look down and smile sweetly at Karlie who has fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. I pull a blanket over Karlie from the back of the couch and wrap my arm around her. I begin to stroke her arm softly and then I play with her hair. I know I shouldn't feel this way for a student, but I am falling for this student of mine that is sleeping in my arms. She looks so cute when she's sleeping that I can't help the smile on my face as it gets bigger. I hear footsteps behind me and I see that the man who greeted us at the door is standing over my shoulder looking at us. "Is she sleeping?" He asks kindly. "Yeah, she fell asleep while we were watching a movie. I can take her upstairs though, it's getting really late. Where's her room?" I ask him. He just nods and tells me it's upstairs two doors down on the right. I nod and tell him thank you and he just nods again and walks out to the kitchen. I shift slightly as to not wake Karlie up and I pick her up and carry her up the stairs bridal style. When I get to her room I gently place her on the bed and tuck her in gently. I make sure the blankets are covering her and I lean down to kiss her forehead. "Sweet dreams, Karlie. I'll see you tomorrow morning." I whisper into her ear, stroking her cheek gently as I talk. I kiss her forehead once more and walk out of the room. I hear some crying and I walk towards the sound of it. I walk into a nursery and see an adorable baby girl who has curly brown hair and green eyes the shade of Karlie's. "Hi there, little one. What's the matter?" I ask the young girl as I walk to her crib. "Who are you?" She asks, rubbing her eyes. "I'm Taylor. And what's your name?" I ask, smiling down at her. "I'm Victoria, but you can call me Tori." She says. "Well, hi miss Tori. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I ask. She nods and shivers. "I'm cold, Taylor." I nod and lay her down, covering her in her pink blanket in her crib. When she closes her eyes I whisper, "sleep well, Tori." And I leVe the room. I pass the man on my way out and smile at him. "It was nice to meet you." I say, putting my coat and shoes on. "You as well." He says. I leave the house and close the door behind me.

On my way home I think about the sight of seeing Karlie sleeping in my arms and realize just how wrong it is to have feelings for a student, but just how right it feels to be with her.