12

Cara pulls into the driveway of the house Karlie shares with Josh and their daughter. She turns the car off and races to the door, eager to talk to Karlie and eager to get the answer to what accident that she was really in. She rings the doorbell and waits for an answer. She hears steps coming to the door and a lock is turned. The door opens to reveal Josh and Tori standing behind him. "Hello Cara." He says politely, greeting his girlfriend's best friend. "Auntie Cara!" Tori yells, running into Cara's arms. "Hello, jellybean. How are you?" Cara asks. "Good." Tori giggles. "What can I help you with, Cara?" Josh asks. "Oh, I was just wondering if I could talk to Karlie. I want to see how she's feeling." Cara replies, setting Tori down on the ground next to her. "Karlie isn't here." Josh states, sounding bored. "Oh, really? Because she was in school today. I figured she'd be home by now." Cara tells him. "Oh. Really? Is that so?" Josh says aloud, his voice becoming more dark and vicious. "Yeah." Cara states, confused as to why her friend isn't there. "I'll call her then. Thanks for letting me know." He says, and evil smirk in his tone and on his face. Cara just nods and says goodbye before getting in her car and driving off. Josh shuts the door and deviates a plan on how to get her back, knowing who she must be with. He grins evilly down at the pint sized creation that he created with Karlie, knowing Tori is Karlie's one big concern and weakness.

Karlie, meanwhile, is laying in Taylor's arms, still shirtless from their heated make out session. The girls' legs are entangled together, and Taylor has an arm draped over Karlie's bare stomach while the other hand is a mess in Karlie's hair. The pair of girls are woken up by a ringing of Karlie's phone. It's Josh, requesting a FaceTime with Karlie. Karlie gasps, fear taking over as she shakes Taylor to consciousness and hurriedly putting a shirt on, that just so happens to be one of Taylor's. "I'm gonna be right here, baby. Just out of view of the camera, but I'm right here." Taylor says, kissing Karlie's lips before going just outside of where the camera can see and Karlie presses the answer button. "Hello, babe. Someone informed me that you're out of the hospital. So....why aren't you home?" Josh asks, in a menacing tone. "I was invited to spend time with a friend." Karlie answers, not glancing towards Taylor but staring at the screen. "I bet it's Taylor, right?" He asks, not changing his tone. Karlie says nothing and continues to stare at the screen. "That's fine. But, I still have your daughter." Josh says, a sly smirk dancing it's way onto his face. This causes Karlie to gulp loudly. "What have you done to her?!" Karlie yells, fearing for her daughter's safety. "Oh, nothing." He pauses. "Yet."
The next thing that comes to the screen shocks and scares Karlie beyond the description of words. Tori, her beloved daughter, was tied to a chair and a single ray of light was reflecting onto her tiny body. Her expression was one Karlie hadn't ever seen before. The little girl who's eyes always sparkled and who's face always wore a smile, was coated and covered in fear. Her eyes were dark and tear filled. This image broke Karlie's heart, and behind her, a silent Taylor had a broken heart as well, for the little girl she's grown to love and care for as if she were her own. "Mommy, I'm scared." Tori says, her voice sounding small and timid. "Baby..." Karlie's voice fades and tears begin trickling down her face. "Don't you dare hurt her." Taylor's voice sounds in the background. "Ah, blondie. I knew you were there. Show yourself." Josh demands. Karlie finally looks behind her and sees tears glistening in Taylor's eyes. Taylor moves closer to Karlie and is now in Josh's view. "Don't you dare hurt Tori." Taylor repeats, blinking back her tears, trying to be strong for Karlie and Tori. "Taylor!" Tori cries in the background. "Hi baby." Taylor says, looking at the little girl behind Josh. "Don't call her that. She's not your daughter." Josh yells. "I care for her more than you, obviously. I'd never do that to her." Taylor angrily states, motioning to the little girl on the other end of the FaceTime. "SHUT UP." Josh yells. "Don't you DARE talk to her like that." Karlie yells this time, frustrated tears running down her cheeks. "Kar.....shh." Taylor whispers for only her and Karlie to hear. Taylor rubs Karlie's back without Josh noticing. "Come back here Karlie. If you come, she won't get hurt." Josh threatens. "I'm not letting her anywhere near you. Who knows what you'd do to her." Taylor says, gripping onto Karlie's hand tightly. "She deserves it. She gets what she deserves, I make sure of it." Josh says, growing angrier. "She deserves love, care, protection, and safety. She deserves someone who can provide that. Someone that's not you." Taylor states, growing more calm. Josh screams in frustration and slaps Tori, causing her to cry. "TORI!" Karlie and Taylor both scream, Karlie's body beginning to shake from her sobs. "Say things like that and she'll keep getting this." Josh says, laughing evilly. "Make a choice, Karlie. Is it her, or us?" Josh says. He takes the camera from showing Tori, to only showing himself. "We'll be waiting, won't we Victoria?" He asks the small girl, pointing the phone camera back towards her. "Mommy, Taylor, I'm scared." Tori's small voice says. "Hang in there, baby. Hang in there." Taylor says, as Karlie is crying too hard to speak. Josh hangs up and Taylor takes Karlie into her arms and holds her tightly and begins to rock her back and forth. After a while, Karlie finally calms down and become quiet in Taylor's arms. "Kar?" Taylor asks, looking down at Karlie, who's curled up on Taylor's lap and is resting her head on Taylor's shoulder. Karlie raises her head off of Taylor's shoulder and looks into those baby blue eyes that she has fallen in love with. "Hmm?" Karlie hums. "You need to tell the police." Taylor says, her eyes locked on that stunning green pair of eyes. "I can't. Taylor, he'd kill me and Tori both. And he'd come after you too, and I can't let that happen. I can't let him hurt you, and I won't let him!" Karlie exclaimed, fearing for Taylor's safety, as well as her daughter's and her own. "Kar, calm down, honey. He'll be in jail. He wouldn't be able to get to us." Taylor tries to reason with her. "Josh should be going to work soon. I'm going to go get my daughter." Karlie says, emotionless. "Karlie Kloss? I am not letting you go back there. Please stay!" Taylor cries. "Tay, I love you. But I also love my daughter, and I need to go get her." Karlie says, tears threatening to spill over.

_____
I'm so sorry this is so late. I have up to chapter 21 finished, and working on 22. I'll be publishing all chapters up to chapter 21 tonight so that I'm all caught up on here. Thank you for reading, I hope you guys like this. After chapter 21 is published tonight, I'll be posting as chapters are finished, not in big chunks of chapters like I've been doing. This is just to catch myself up on my writing, since last semester at school I'd write on paper during class, so my chapters are jumbled right now. But I'll be caught up tonight, just please stick with me:)