17

Josh had been planning his escape for the past few months that he had been in prison. His best friend, James, had gotten him all of the 500 grand that would bail him out but had suggested that they wait for a prime opportunity to act on getting his girlfriend and daughter back to him. James had been secretly following and watching Taylor, Karlie, and Tori, ever since Josh had been taken away. Mapping out their routes to the babysitters, school, and outings, plotting them down to the time, trying to map out the perfect plan to get Josh back his girls. This weekend, was the weekend everything would go down. The plan had been set, and all that had to happen, was to be going down later today.

Meanwhile, Karlie and Taylor were just waking up from a peaceful sleep together, getting ready for their last day of school for the week. It was a beautiful Friday morning, everything seeming to be perfect. Little did they know, their worlds would be flipped upside down in a matter of hours.

"Kar, we have to go! Come on, Tori, time to leave!" Taylor called, buttering Tori and Karlie's toast as she buttoned up her blazer that she wore over her blouse. "Coming momma!" Tori called back, rushing down the stairs, pulling Karlie behind her. "Mommy takes forever to get ready! Ooh, toast! Thanks momma." Tori says, spotting the toast sitting on the counter. "No problem Toribug. Now let's get you to the babysitters." Taylor says, kissing the girl's head. "Good morning baby." Taylor says, turning her attention to her girlfriend. The two lovers share a good morning kiss before heading out the door.

"Okay Tori, we will pick you up after school. We love you!" Karlie said, unbuckling the child and helping her out of the car. "I love you too mommy. Bye momma, I love you!" Tori says, hugging the two. "I love you too Toribug. Be good!" Taylor says, blowing Tori a kiss. "Ready for school babe?" Taylor asks, placing her hand on the younger girl's knee after seeing Tori get into the babysitters house safely. "Yup. Let's go." Karlie answers, placing her hand over Taylor's.

• • •

The school day is half over already and Karlie and Taylor are cuddled up in Taylor's office eating their lunch.

Tori is at the babysitters playing outside with the other children who have become her friends. "Try to catch me Hayley!" Tori yells, running away from the other small girl who begins chasing her. There's a knock at the door and the babysitter, Pamela, goes to answer it. "Children, come inside now please!" Pamela calls, waiting for the children to gather behind her before going to the door. "Hello? May I help you?" Pamela answers, seeing a tall man at the door. "Hello, Pam, my name is James. Karlie and Taylor have sent me to come pick Tori up. They're still at school but they're meeting at my house for a small get together." James says, sounding confident in himself. "Oh, alright. Tori, gather your things, you're being picked up early." Pamela calls. Tori picked up her things, packed them in her bag and zipped her coat before walking to the door. "Who are you?" Tori asks, craning her neck to look up at the man. "I'm James, silly. Your mommy sent me." James says, trying to hurry the child along. Tori just shrugs and follows the man, waving to Pamela at the door before hopping in the car. "Where are we going?" She asks. "For a little get together at my house, now pipe down." James says, focusing on the road again. They arrive about an hour later to the house that James is at. "Let's go." James says, picking Tori up and heading into the house and down to the basement, where Josh is sitting waiting for her. "Hello, Victoria. Did you miss me?" Josh says, smirking at his small daughter. "Daddy? I don't want to see you. You hurt mommy." Tori says with an attitude. Josh hits her, causing her to cry in pain. "Don't you dare speak to your father that way. And don't worry, mommy will be getting here very soon. We will be a family again." Josh says evilly, placing duck tape on the little girl's mouth to prevent her screams and cries from being heard from outside. Josh then leaves James in charge. "Don't let her escape. I'll be back shortly." Josh says, before leaving.

• • •
"Babe, I'm running to the store quick, do you need anything?" Taylor asks from the kitchen. "No, I think I'm good." They had stopped home quick and Taylor was going to pick Tori up from the babysitters after going to the store, since she had gotten out early. "Okay. Toribug and I will return shortly. I love you." Taylor says, pulling Karlie in for a kiss. They share a passionate kiss before Taylor grabs her keys and heads out the door.

Meanwhile, Josh was sitting in a car halfway around the block, waiting for Taylor's car to get out of view of the apartment. Once the car is comfortably out of sight, Josh pulls the car into the driveway of the townhouse apartment and gets out, and goes to the door. Luckily for him, the door is unlocked, so he opens it and closes it again and stands there for a minute. "Babe, did you forget something?" Karlie asks, going towards the door, freezing when she sees him. "Oh yes, babe, I did. I forgot you." Josh lunges out, grabbing Karlie and covering her mouth to prevent her screams. He drags her to the car, throws her in the back and ties her hands behind her back and puts duck tape over her mouth and slams the door, quickly getting into the drivers seat before driving away. An hour later, they arrive at Jame's house and Karlie is once again dragged out of the car and down to the basement, her eyes filling with tears at the sight of her daughter, mouth taped, just like hers, a red slap mark on her cheek. Tears roll down her cheeks and she tries running over to her daughter but she gets thrown on the ground. "Thank you James, you can leave now." Josh says, addressing the man. He then turns to his girlfriend and daughter who has run to her mother and sat against her. "Now, you can both have your tape off IF you STAY QUIET. And I'm staying down here so there will be NO escaping." He says, demanding and harshly. The two girls nod fearfully and the tape is then ripped from their mouths. "Mommy! Where's momma?" Tori cries, then questions. "Momma was at the store, but your father took me." Karlie answers. "Who's momma, Victoria? That slut that your mother was sleeping around with?" His voice booms. "Don't you dare call her that. She's so much better than you." Karlie says, which earns her a painful punch in the stomach. "Mommy! Daddy, stop!" Tori cries. "Your mother deserved that. She talked to me with disrespect." He says, smirking and going over to the stairs and sitting there, watching the two girls before him.

• • •
"Baby, where are you, Tori's missing!" Taylor cries, running into the living room. The TV is on, but Karlie is no where to be found. "Kar!" Taylor yells, running up the stairs to any of the rooms. Karlie is no where in sight and Taylor falls to the ground. 'This can't be happening. This absolutely can not be happening right now.' Taylor thinks, sobs overcoming her body.

• • •
After talking on the phone to the police for hours, talking to multiple neighbors who didn't know a thing and talking to Pamela on the phone, the only information Taylor got was that Josh had been bailed out, some guy named James picked Tori up from Pamela saying he was taking her to his house for Taylor and Karlie for a get together and Pamela saying "oh Taylor, if I had known that the man wasn't really sent by you I never would have sent Tori with him. I'm so sorry, I wish I could help more." The cops also said that they didn't know where it was that Josh was, but her girlfriend and Tori were probably with him and the guy who bailed him out. The cops also said they would run as many tests and investigate as much as possible on this James that picked up Tori and hopefully get the two returned to Taylor safely and the two men behind bars without bail or parole. Taylor barely slept that night, worrying about the wellbeing of the two girls she loved most. 'Karlie, I can't believe I lost you and our little Toribug. I never should have gone to the store today. Where are you baby?' Taylor thought, letting the sobs take over her body once again before exhaustion got the best of her and she fell asleep with a tear stained face.
_______________________
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't hate me.