6

Karlie's POV

I wake up in bed and think to last night's events. I'm sure I felt Taylor's lips kiss my forehead twice. I blush and my heart flutters. I fell asleep in her arms and she must've carried me up here and tucked me in. "Good morning, Karlie." Josh says, in his usual venomous voice he has before he beats me. He punches me in the eye and I cry out in pain. "Why did you fall asleep on your friend last night? You're only supposed to do that with me." He yells, hitting me over and over. His fist meets my body on my hip and he kicks my shin. I just cry out in pain and try to keep my sobs silent. "You shouldn't cry, Karlie. You knew this was coming." He says, kicking me and hitting me again and again. When he finally stops, he looks me in the eyes with his dark, stormy eyes. "Now get dressed and go to school. Come back right after school and don't bring that girl back here." He says, leaving the room. He has work today so thankfully I can come home and take an ice bath by myself when I get home.

My eye is black and my hips and shin are bruised and it hurts to walk but I just need to get out of the house. He's taken Tori to daycare and that means she won't need to see me like this which I'm thankful for. I pull on sweatpants and a t shirt and put a hoodie on over the shirt, pulling the hood up over my head.

Later, at school I walk through the halls with my head down, not wanting to talk to anyone. I'm early today, so that means I can be the first into Taylor's room. I don't want her seeing me like this, but I need to see her. I walk into the room and Taylor smiles at me but quickly her smile fades and her face goes into a horrified gasp. She quickly shuts the door and locks it and brings me into her office, shutting and locking that one behind us. "Karlie, babe, who did this to you?" She asks me, removing my hood gently from my head. That's when I finally lose it. I come crashing into her open arms and just sob. "Babe, who did this?" She asks again after I've been sobbing for a few minutes. "I can't t-tell you." I say, still crying. "Of course you can, honey. This is completely not okay." She says again, holding my face in her hands. She gently runs her thumbs along both of my cheeks and just looks into my eyes. Whether it's the pain or my heart talking, I lean in towards her. She does the same and our lips meet. It's a gentle kiss, but I just pull her in more and deepen the kiss. After more heated kisses we pull away, both of our faces red. "W-what was that?" She asks, nervous. "I-I'm sorry. I just....I don't know what got into me." I say, keeping my head down to avoid her gaze. "Karlie, look at me." She says, sounding desperate. I do as I'm told and look up at her. "This is so wrong, and I know it is, and I'm not pitying you, but I have feelings for you. And after that kiss, I can't ignore them anymore. We could get in so much trouble and I could lose my job, but I just..." She pauses and I'm completely stunned. I smile at her and lean in again and kiss her lips once more. "I feel the same way." I say once I've pulled away. "You're dad and little sister seemed nice last night, by the way." Taylor says, still holding me in her arms. "That's not my dad..." I say, scared that she'll leave after I say this. "That's my...boyfriend." I say, ashamed at having to tell her that. "And that's my daughter." I add. "You-youre taken?" Is all she says. "Taylor, let me explain-" I try to say but she cuts me off. "You just kissed me, multiple times and you just now tell me you're dating a guy and you have a kid with him?!" She half yells. "You could've started with that. How could you do this to me Karlie? I could lose my job and you have a kid with someone you're dating?!" She is baffled and yelling. "He raped me okay?" Is all I can say, and I instantly regret it, knowing what he would do if he knows that I told someone he raped me. "Wait, did he do that to you too?" She asks, motioning to my black eye. All I can do is nod before I break out into sobs. My body is shaking and I can't breathe because I'm crying too hard. "N-no one can know Taylor. He'd kill me if he knew someone knew what he does." I say, crying just as hard. "Baby, you can't live like that." She says, holding me tightly in her arms. My heart flutters when she calls me baby and I just hold onto her. We stay like this for what seems like hours until we hear the bell ringing, saying class starts in 5 minutes. "Class s-starts soon." I say, trying to collect myself. "Karlie, just stay in here.
I'll count you as being here, but we will talk when class is over okay? Just stay here and try to calm down okay?" Taylor says, standing up and pulling me up with her. I just nod. She wipes my tears and kisses my lips softly. I return her kiss and she hugs me before shutting the door behind her and going into her classroom. I sit back down and just cry some more. My teacher has feelings for me as well, but now she knows how Josh really is. It was a mistake telling her. She is a teacher. She's supposed to report these kinds of things. In a panic I run out into the classroom to her desk. "Kar, what's wrong?" She asks, standing up and pulling me against her quickly. "Please don't report what I told you. No one can know. Please." I beg. "Calm down, Karlie. I won't report it, I promise. Just, we will talk about it after class okay?" She says calmly. I nod my head. "Thank you." I say quietly. "No problem, babe. Now, go back to my office please." She says, pecking my lips very quickly. I walk back, but not until I sqeeze her hand.