23

A few days have passed, and it was now Karlie's turn to have her eggs removed. The girls went through school as usual, Karlie opting to sit with her friends at lunch since Taylor had a meeting to go to. "So, how's everything going, Karlie? I feel like we never get to see you." Lily says, taking a bite of her salad. "I've just...I've been healing from the whole kidnapping thing. It's gotten so much better though." Karlie says. "Why have you and Miss Swift been spending so much time together? And Cara, you're there all the time too." Lily adds. "Lily, relax. Miss Swift has been a really good friend to Karlie and Tori both. She offered them a place to live because they had no where else to go. And I've been spending time with them because they've let me. I'm sure they'd let you too if you really wanted to." Cara says. Karlie panics for a minute, but she knows how well that they've been hiding their love while they were in school. "Fine, Karlie. After school I want to go see you and Miss Swift." Lily says, wanting to know if they've got something to hide. "Um, okay, but I don't understand why you are wanting to see us so bad but okay." Karlie says, confused. She looks over at Cara who just shrugs.

After school comes very quickly and Lily follows Karlie to Taylor's classroom. "Hey b-Karlie. How are you?" Taylor corrects herself upon seeing Lily following her lover. "Hi Taylor.  This is my friend Lily. Lily, Taylor; but you know her." Karlie says, sitting on Taylor's desk. "Yes, hi Lily. How are you doing today? Can I help you with something?" Taylor asks in a friendly voice. "I just...why are you two hanging out so much together? And she's living with you now? You're her teacher..." Lily asks, her voice fading out. "Listen, I know this is my first teaching job, but Karlie is special. She has been through so much, and I figured the least I could do is offer her a place for her and her daughter to stay. She gets extra homework help if she needs it too, of course. But I don't give her the answers or anything." Taylor explains. "But ho-" Lily starts, but is cut off by Karlie's voice this time. "Listen, Lil, I don't know how it happened. It just happened. Taylor's my friend as well as my teacher. She's helped me through all of this. Can't you just be happy for me? That someone was willing to help my daughter and I when we had no where to go? Do you know what we've been through? What torture we've had to endure? Lily, it was awful. I can't even say it because it's too painful and my daughter was abused too and I-" Karlie collapses in tears in Taylor's arms, sobbing into her lover's neck. "Shh, I've got you honey. You're okay." Taylor whispers for just Karlie and her to hear. "Are you two, like, dating or something? I won't tell anyone, I just need to know." Lily asks, seeing the two girls hugging before her. "I don't wanna tell her. I don't trust her as much as Cara." Karlie whispers in Taylor's ear. "Don't worry baby." Taylor whispers back. "We're friends, yes. Close friends, even. But I can't date her. I'd get arrested, Karlie would get suspended and have no where to go. I can't do that to her." Taylor says. Hearing that settles Lily, but worries Karlie. "Okay. Just, please don't let her get hurt. I'm trusting you to take care of her and Tori." Lily says, leaving the room. "Did you mean that?" Karlie asks, eyes full of anxiety. "Mean what?" Taylor asks. "About dating me. I don't want to lose you. I can't." Karlie says, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Baby, no. Don't cry." Taylor says, wiping the tear away. "But Taylor I can't-" Karlie is cut off by a gentle kiss on the lips. "Calm down, Kar. I'm not going anywhere. Remember? You're stuck with me." Taylor says, adding a laugh at the end. The teacher hugs her student tightly, pressing another soft kiss to the top of the younger girl's head. "Let's get going to the doctors. We don't want to be late. It's your turn to have your eggs taken today." Taylor says, taking Karlie's hand and leading her out the door to the car. The girls make it to the car, and Taylor begins to drive, their hands connected over the center console the entire way.

Once there, Taylor helps Karlie into the gown and they take a seat together on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in. After a knock on the door, the doctor enters the room. "Hello girls. Are you ready for your eggs to get removed Karlie?" Luke asks with a smile on his face. "As ready as I'll ever be." Karlie answers, looking over to Taylor, who's got her hand on the younger girl's knee. "You've got this, Kar. I'll be waiting for you." Taylor says, pressing a kiss on her lips. "Alright, Taylor, we'll let you know when you can come back to see her again." Luke says, seeing Taylor out of the room.

"Alright, Karlie, drink this, and don't fight the sleep." Luke says, handing Karlie a small cup of anesthetic liquid. Karlie brings it to her lips and takes it all in one gulp. She relaxes back on the bed and closes her eyes, letting sleep consume her.

Karlie, you're pregnant, what were you thinking. Karlie says to herself. You're only a freshman in high school, you can't do this. How will you finish high school and go to college and provide for this child? Karlie panics but Josh pushes the door in. "Karlie, what's wrong with you?" Josh says, anger in his voice. "Josh. I-I'm pregnant." Karlie says, stuttering over her words. "YOU CANT TAKE CARE OF A BABY. YOU'LL BE A HORRIBLE MOTHER, BUT YOURE NOT TAKING MY KID FROM ME." Josh screams, hitting Karlie over and over as she screams and cries in pain.

"What's going on? Slow her heart rate down, we can't lose her. We've got enough eggs. Hurry before she codes." Dr. Highland yells, panicking about the young girl laying on the table causing hazardous beeping at an alarmingly fast pace to fill the operation room.

______
Had to add some drama. I'm sorry.

Stay tuned for a possible chapter later tonight or tomorrow.