chapter V the tapes

"the tapes."
Lydia wandered about whispering to herself.
"they're back. it's going to happen again."
"what tapes?"
stiles interrogated Lydia, with a certain softness to his tone.
"you remember stiles."
she again said softly.
"in the walls of my grandmothers."
"the walls."
stiles looked mortified as if memories flooded back to him all at once, all sanity drowned among their tides.
"eichen house."
Lydia whispered again.
what was this eichen house she spoke of? why did it have significance?
"the dead pool."
Malia spoke loud and clear.
"she hears the tapes from the dead pool, the tapes that put our lives at risk."
I was astounded.
malia looked at me with a painful curiosity.
"what's your last name?"
everyone was now paying attention to us.
"hale."
I said silently.
"what?"
Scott now approached me.
"did you say, hale?"
"yes."
stiles asked who my parents were.
"I don't know. they died when I was very young in a car crash. Kate took me
in, she cared for me, and Peter payed for us to live."
"Kate?"
Scott seemed infuriated.
"kate!?"
he was furious.
"she tried to turn me into one of her vile creatures. a berserker. she's evil. the root of it all."
"a jaguar."
Lydia's eyes grew very wide.
"like you."
she concluded before impaling me with her sharp stare.
"tell us how you were turned."
Scott said.
"but I don't know how I was turned."
again, he injected me with his claws.

it was a dark night. the screams were making my brain shriek with pressure. Kate never believed that there were screams in my mind. she always said I was hallucinating. I couldn't have been, this was real. all very real. I was at my parents graves listening to the underground as if to get a confirmation of their death. I could not receive signal. I was screaming, covering my ears as the voices grew louder and louder. shrieking into my minds deepest crevices. my ears bled, but not red; but black. when a creature resembling to myself jumped out from behind a tree to the east of my place, and etched it's claws deep into my back. I hit the ground, only my screams I could hear now. that's when I realized, us banshees predict danger not death.

another event was taking place. I was engulfed by flames, I couldn't breathe I was being deprived of oxygen. I seen Derek in the haze as he grabbed me and tried to save me. he was successful, but didn't know. Cora and Peter escaped the flames before me. the rest of the hales were murdered. right here in the hale house. tears burned me more than any flame. my mother and father were dead. they died here, not in a car crash. I was lied too. my parents died in a fire; a fire set off by Kate.

i woke up from the memories screaming with terror. tears welled from my eyes, and the crying wouldn't stop. Liam was by my side pulling me into him. I was surprised by how much I liked it. he smelled heavenly and his touch was almost healing. because he was healing me. or trying too. I continued to cry, and Liam continued to hold on.
"can you tell us what happened?"
he whispered softly into my ear.
"i don't know who turned me, but they did it at my parents grave, and they scratched my back to turn me."
Liam began lifting my shirt and I felt a gasp on the back of my neck.
"look."
he said.
everyone was behind me now, touching the scars that surprisingly hurt me still.
"are you okay?"
Liam asked me.
"I'm fine."
I said wincing, I was overwhelmed by everything happening, the memories.
the graves.
the fire.
the lies.
everything was hurting me, and Liam tried hard to piece me back together.
"thank you."
I was crying with a different intention of tears.
of happiness.
he cared about me so much, and he didn't even know me that well.
I appreciated his company.

"she has to stay here for the night. Scott said."
"I'll stay too", Liam chimed in.
"me too."
said Lydia.
"well then everyone is staying here", Scott said.

night approached quickly.
Scott and Kira fell asleep together on stile's couch, Lydia slept in a chair, Malia and stiles slept in stile's bed.
Liam and I had no where to go, I could not sleep. too much had happened to allow me to sleep at peace.
"still thinking?"
Liam asked.
"yeah."
"it will get better, it was scary when I got turned too."
"tell me what happened."
"well, I was in the hospital with a broken leg, and there was a cannibalistic shape shifter there. I hope you never encounter one of those, but they're terrifying, and it tried to eat me, and I was helpless. but Scott came up, and the cannibal pushed me off the roof, Scott grabbed me, but he had to defend himself, so to pull me back he bit me. but it was only to save me. and I was turned. it was terrifying."
"oh my gosh."
I gasped, that was unbelievable.
I laid on the floor, there was a blanket there so i laid on top of it. Liam joined me at my side. he put his arms around me and there we fell asleep.

then, the nightmares attacked. I flailed and screamed and accidentally hit Liam, he tried to calm me but I ended up on top of him with no control of what was going on.
I wasn't awake.
Scott pulled me off and awoke me.
my eyes were flaming green when they opened, and they wouldn't turn back.
"what were you dreaming of?"
Scott asked curiously.
"I don't know. i can't remember."
"it was a memory."
Lydia said laziness slipping into her tone.
"someone did something to take your memory away."
stiles said.
"just go back to sleep, and Liam, wake her if she has another."
"okay."
we both said in unison.