Chapter 5: Christmas Shoes For Mama

(Above is October's tattoo.)

~October's POV~

It was Christmas today. Now, I had never celebrated one. You know, being an Omega and all. I would usually be in my cold, dark cell. So this is massive change for me. And in the mean time, Delta Maximus took me to get s tattoo for my birthday. So I got one that looks like a heart with 'mom' and 'dad' written on some sort of banned thing on it. It looked cool. Alpha Ke'Yon likes it. Much to my surprise.
"Open it, smartie." DeShawn said.
Now DeShawn got punished for disobeying her brother. She bossed me around and said some inappropriate stuff. She was sent to the dungeon for 2 weeks. But her brother let her come up here for Christmas. How nice? Yeah, nice.

I opened the present and it was an electric guitar. She placed this giant square thing next to me.
"That too." DeShawn said.
"Giant square thing?" Liam asked.
I opened it. It was an amplifier. It connects to the guitar and raises its sound. Bands at concerts often use them. Wow. This is super cool. If only my mom and dad were here.
"Oh. We couldn't wrap these but we hope you like them." Beta Turner said.
I looked at him with the most confused look ever.
"Uh... Okay?" I asked.
The door opened. And there stood...

My parents.

"Hi honey." My mom said.
I gently set the guitar down and ran as fast as I could to my mom. I engulfed her in a bear hug.
"My baby." My mom said.
I let go off her and hugged my dad.
"My son." My dad said.
"October?" Beta Turner asked.
I turned to him, trying to fight back tears.
"They're staying her with us. They gonna live in the pack house and you can visit them as much and as many times as your heart desires." Beta Turner said.
Now, I started crying. I hugged my parents tighter. My parents mean everything to me. Well, so does my mate. But you know what I'm talking about!
"Best Christmas ever!" Liam shouted.
"You can say that again." I said.
"Best Christmas ever!" Liam shouted again.
I laughed mentally at him.
"Come on in. The water's fine." Delta Maximus said.
My parents and I chuckled at him.

I sat on my mom's lap while Alpha Ke'Yon was playing with my hand.
"You have a really good singing voice. We've heard it a few times. So use your new guitar and sing us... Christmas Shoes For Mama. I think that's it's name." DeShawn said.
I immediately started blushing.
"Yeah. Do it, bro." Our lead Warrior, Fred, said.
"O-Okay." I said.
I picked up my guitar. Deshawn plugged it into the amp and I tuned it. I had to play lower notes on it due to the song being lower. Not on volume but on tune age. So it sounds like a bass but it's still sounds like a guitar. Now on an electric guitar that is usually very difficult to accomplish. To tune it like that. Unless you're me.

I practiced the good old electric guitar every time I got the chance.
"Sing it. Play it." DeShawn whispered.
I rolled my eyes at her.
"Okay." I said.
I started playing the notes to the song. It sounds perfect.

It was almost Christmas time,

There I stood in another line.

Tryin' to buy that last gift or two,

Not really in the Christmas mood.

Standing right in front of me,

Was a little boy waiting anxiously.

Pacin' round like little boys do,

And in his hands he held a pair of shoes.

And his clothes were worn and old,

He was dirty from head to toe.