Chapter 78: I Am Ruvel

(This song DOES NOT belong to me. But I felt it fits Dark Atticus well. Especially the chorus. Agree or nah? I love this song. It's by Tryhardninja. His voice is amazing.)

~Dark Atticus's POV~

To think all this time, I was locked away in that idiot's mind. Even though I'm the dark version of him, the world is beautiful. Not gonna lie. Now that he and that mutt are gone, I can do as I please. When I used to take over Atticus, I did some bad things. Needless to say, some people are hurt because of me. Only people that provoke me. And let's say, no one does that anymore. Good. Let them be afraid. Let them be very afraid. They should. I'm everyone's worst nightmare. I might be alienated but who cares? Feeling everyone's fear towards you is a lot better than feeling love, isn't it? I felt what that brat felt and let me tell you, it was sickening. October trying to help Atticus get away from me. Look where that got him, October. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"What have you done with my grandson?" October asked.

"Took over his body completely. And I made sure you're never getting his wolf OR him back. Not now, not ever." I said.
"You're sick!" October shouted.
"I know. I'm also psychotic. And whatever else you want to call me, as long as it fits those categories." I said.
"I believe you're not all bad." October said.
I laughed.
"And why's that?" I asked.
"I believe even the worst person can change. All they have to do is try." October said.
I chuckled darkly.
"And you think I'm going to 'change?' Come on, you and I both know that is simply not going to happen. Sorry not sorry." I said.
"Somewhere in your dark heart, there is a least some love. No one can be void of any emotion. Not even the dark halves of us." October said.
"Keep dreaming." I said.
This is really beginning to irritate me. Anger and hatred are the only emotions I know. They're the only emotions I want to know.
"I only want to feel and know two emotions." I said.
"And those are?" October asked.

"Anger. And hatred. Nothing else." I said.

October gave me this look like 'oh my God, what the hell is wrong with you?' I chuckled as his shocked reaction.
"I'm not your pathetic grandson. I'm much stronger. Faster. Smarter. Better. He means nothing to me. And neither does his mongrel mutt!" I shouted.
"No. they must mean something to you. Otherwise, you wouldn't have waited this long to go through with this wretched plan." October said.
"I had everything planned out from the start. I wanted him to feel in control. That way when he least expected it, I attacked. And I won." I said.
"Again, you're sick." October.
I nodded in agreement.
"Now leave me. I wish to never be disturbed by you again. I've no need for you now." I said.
"I am begging you... Please... I know you used to get along with Atticus. Remember those times. You'll come around... Ruvel." October said.
Ruvel is my name. I'm not 'dark Atticus' as that idiot called me. I have my own separate name. I am now my own person.
"Get. Out." I commanded.
"Remember." October said.
Then he vanished, all thanks to his black magic. I will remember nothing. The past is useless to me. Atticus and his mongrel mutt are useless to me as well.
"Not in your wildest dreams, old man." I said.

---------------

I came upon this house, it looked a little run down. All it needs is some minor TLC. Tender, love and care. I'm not good at that. I walked in. It felt chilled in this establishment. But it felt so right to me. I saw the spirit of Atticus in front of me. The hell is this idiot doing here?
"You did get rid of me. But since you are using my body, I can still show up at various times in many various places. Ruvel, bring me back. We can share my body." Atticus said.
I darkly chuckled.
"You think I would give up my body, to share it with you? I doubt that very highly. And because I've rid you of this world, you can try to take your body back from me. And you're stuck in this ghost like form. Sorry not sorry." I said.
"Ruvel... Please, reconsider." Atticus said.
"No." I said.
I walked through him and that caused him to disappear. Thank the Moon Goddess. That boy is getting on my nerves. And he isn't even a part of me anymore. I can tell he's scared of me, he always was. And he had good reason to be. For...

I am the dark.

I am the nightmare.

I am your worst fears.

I am...

Ruvel.