Chapter Two

I elbow my way through throngs of teenagers and people, fighting my way to the bleachers.

"Lexi!" I hear a voice and turn. "Hi!" A small, Asian girl says.

I do not recognize her but I smile anyway. "Hello!"

I'm used to run-ins like this. I get them all the time now. I went from being a nobody to being a major somebody, and I'm not sure I like it.

       "Lexi!" Another voice calls, and this one I recognize.

      "Bryce!" I shout, and shove my way over to him, receiving dirty looks from some guys who immediately change it to a smile and a wink when they see it's me. I roll my eyes and grab Bryce's arm, pulling myself to him.

       "Did you save us a seat?" I yell over the noise of the crowd. He nods, "Blair too. But she might be a few minutes." He says, motioning to where Blair stands in a circle of guys fawning over her.

     I chuckle at my gorgeous best friend. Long, dark hair, dark eyes and lightly tanned skin. Perfect complexion, straight white teeth, nice figure. She is stunning.

       "You're wearing Carson's jersey I see," Bryce says.

      I nod, "Yup. And I got the black stripes under my eyes. I'm going all out for tonight."

      I feel a sharp tug on my ponytail and whirl around. "Blair! You finally got away!"

     She grins at me and plops down. "They would not stop flirting. I had to pull myself away."

    I make a face at her, "I hope you didn't flirt back. You have a boyfriend."

     She winks, she's wearing Nate's jersey. It matches mine, except for the numbers and the last names. I grab eyeliner from my bag and draw stripes under her eyes. "There, now we match." I say with a smile.

      She opens her mouth to reply when a roar goes up from the crowd. We stand, as the football teams rush into the field. I spot Carson right away, he's the quarterback. "Go get 'em Baby! You got this!" I shout.

      Blair is cheering for Nate, the team runningback.

     My heart melts as Carson searches the crowd, spots me and points my way.

        We cheer and scream ourselves hoarse and in the end, our high school wins, 28-15.

      At the final touchdown, as the buzzer goes off I shriek and leap over the fence, dashing toward the players on the field. Blair is right behind me.

      "You won!" I scream as I slam into Carson.

     He laughs and wraps his arms around me, "We did!"

     I lean back and stare into his face, "Great job!"

    The other teammates are there before he can reply, a few with girlfriends. They're all bumping stomachs and yelling.

     "All right boys huddle up!" Their coach hollers, "It's time for the sappy end of the year speech."

     "I'll meet you outside the locker rooms in 30 minutes," Carson says to me before heading off.

     I grab Blairs arm, "Let's go!" I shout, and we take off running.

      25 minutes later me, Blair, and Bryce are waiting outside the locker rooms. There's a pounding of feet, and the team emerges. Bryce stays long enough to congratulate his friends and heads out. He plays baseball, he doesn't have a place with the football players.