Chapter Twelve

A/N: I'm updating a day early because the chapter is ready and I have had a follower request it (; enjoy

     "They should be getting off any minute!" I say excitedly as people start to stream out of the terminal.

        Noir smiles and puts his arm around me, rubbing my shoulder. "I guess they should be." He says wryly.

      I look up at him, "I can't wait for you to see everyone again! And meet Blair! And-"

       "Lexi?" I hear the voice that melts my heart every time.

       I jerk abruptly out from under Noir's arm, my face warm. "Carson!"

      I rush over to him and throw my arms around his neck, my chin resting on his shoulder as he lifts me off the ground. I grimace, my belly button piercing rubbing against his abdomen.

      "How's my girl?" He says, grinning broadly at me. His hair is tousled and he looks tired, and extremely, extremely gorgeous.  But his blue eyes are somewhat troubled.

        "She's very happy to see you!" I say, beaming. Also very nervous.

     I wore a thin, black, long sleeved button down, open over a pink tank top with white denim shorts. I wore the long sleeves to try and cover my seahorse.

       "Darling!" A voice says behind me. I shriek and twist around. "Blair!"

     We embrace, giggling. "I'm in Cali! We're in Cali!" She says excitedly. I nod, laughing.

       Arms wrap around behind me, "Hey Lexi."

     I turn around. "Bryce! Nate! Good to see ya!"

      We chat and I greet my other classmates. I check in with our chaperone, Mr. Bind. He's really loose, and I suspect there will be no rules, no curfews and few limitations with him as our leader. We got lucky.

      "Alright!" I clap my hands. "Blair and Carson, you're coming with me and Noir in his car. The vans are outside. See you all at the hotel!"

      We head outside into the bright California sunshine. We reach Noir's car and throw their suitcases in the trunk. Then it hits me.

     "Oh! Carson! I don't know if you've properly met Noir again, but here he is! And Blair, Noir."

     Blair grins and shakes his hand, then climbs into the backseat. I watch anxiously as Noir and Carson size each other up.

      Noir is tall and thin, two inches taller than Carson's 5'11" frame. Carson, while tall, is a wider set in the shoulder and bigger, due to football.

    "Hello." Noir says curtly, sticking out his hand. Carson nods and takes it, shaking roughly. Then Carson climbs into the back seat without a word.

      I walk over to Noir and step in close, murmuring, "Sorry about that. I'll talk to him."

      He bends, his mouth next to my ear, "It's okay. I don't really need to be friends with him anyway."

      "But you do," I whisper back. "You do need to be friends with him." He doesn't say anything but goes around and climbs in his side of the car.

     I shake my head and sit down. "Well guys!" I say brightly. "I've been looking forward to you coming!"

     "Yes she has! She talked about you every day." Noir says with a smile.

     I punch him lightly, "You say that as if I was annoying."

     "You couldn't be annoying." Noir replies cheekily.