chapter 8

James' P.O.V

"So you thought selling out my family was going to go unnoticed?"

"I...I..." the poor excuse of a man stuttered.

The nerve of this jackass. Thinking he could go to my alliances to turn them against me. Running around town lying on my family name. Poor poor excuse of a life.

"Well, Tommy look at it this way. Now you won't have to watch that pretty little wife of yours die of cancer. "

The wasted life just sits there sobbing to himself. Probably thinking about how he would never see his wife again. Serves him right, worthless rat.

"Don't worry she won't suffer too long, I mean with you gone who's going to pay those hospital bills?  It could've been worst. I could have easily removed her from the hospital and fucked her right in front of you. But that's a bit cliche don't you think? Drug lord rapes the traitor's wife out of punishment. Besides I don't want cancer & radiation residue  on my dick."

Tommy knows he won't leave this room alive. He didn't know today would be his last day on earth. I'm so far off into my thoughts I don't notice him praying.

"Our father who art  thou- BANG

I put a hole in his head before he can finish. This isn't church. We don't get to ask for forgiveness here, not my staff. Not my family and definitely not me.

I leave him there on the ground bleeding out his brains. "Clean this up," I say to my men. "You got it, boss," Lou and Taylor say in unison. One of my rules is to always kill a snake alone. I don't let my staff know my reasoning for killing them. It keeps them on their toes, keeps them alert. Keith, on the other hand, is less theatrical. He'll kill a snake mid-conversation.

On my way home I call the family accountant.  I tell him to bill me for all of Tommy' s wife expenses.

Once I'm home I hit the gym. I gotta keep my body in shape if I expect to survive in this world. "Guns won't always be there James." My father would tell me. 

After my work out, I call Keith and ask him about tonight. He nearly doesn't answer. When he does he says it's because he was on the phone with Ali.
Ali may as well get Keith's balls its own purse. He really likes her. All he talk about is work & Ali.

I don't really trust anyone, but my family. It's always best to keep a small circle.

I know Ali and her friends are cool. I've known Chloe and Destiny since high school. Longer than I've known Ali. Recently her dad has become head of our Miami branch. So my brother and I have a history with them all. 

Well except Morgan. Last night was my first time meeting her, ever.

Her friends always tell me about her. Destiny and Ali showed me a couple of her pictures.
They told me about her a little. She's always working and is a homebody. Her friends told me she's from Louisiana which explains her subtle accent. That's pretty much all I know about her.

What I do know is that she is a ten.  Not one of those processed plastic surgery tens. The ones that the city is crawling with. She's a natural ten. That nice little body of hers. That chocolate skin tone. Her innocent demeanor.

There's something off about her though.  I can't put my finger on it, but I want to. I still can't believe she braised up to me as if she could take me.  I find myself laughing out loud. It was cute. The cute ones are always the most fun.