1976 Part 2

Lily POV
Lily had been astounded to see the boy named harry. She didn't even know him but still when introducing herself managed to stutter.

The next morning she went to the Great hall with Alice and sat down. She could hear harry and the marauders talking with each other. Wrong choice but what did she care?

'Hey harry, you play quidditch?'
'Yeah'
'Me too. How about we compete against each other?'
'Sure.'
Sirius grinned and james smirked at him as if he knew something.
Harry didn't.

Lily knew what. James was the best quidditch player in Hogwarts and it was impossible to beat him.
'So next Tuesday. Morning at 9?'
'Cool with me.'
Alice kicked her. 'Aren't you listening, Lily?'
'Sorry, what?'

'Frank and I kissed for the first time yesterday' squealed Alice.
'Ooh! That's so cute, Alice.
Alice blushed 'Yeah I guess'.

Alice had a huge crush on Frank Longbottom since second year and finally things were looking bright for her.
I had defence against the dark arts first. And I was seriously weak in it.
The weakest of the class except pettigrew perhaps..

Defence was being taught by Dumbledore since they were not getting any teachers since dark days were going.

'So students this is it. A quiz to test you what you have learnt the past 6 years'
Why do you do this to me, universe? Why?

Harry POV
I finished the quiz and still had ten minutes in hand. I saw wormtail copying from Sirius. And as I observed everybody I found another person cheating. Lily Evans, my mother.
***
As the bell rung I ran upto her. 'Hey Lily , uh I saw you cheating in the quiz.'

Lily POV
She blushed when she faced harry but when he told that he had seen her cheating she felt worse. If the marauders knew about this she would die of shame.

'Uh - er -'
'You having difficulties in defence?'
'Um- yeah'
'I can tutor you if you want'
'No thanks I can help myself' I said coldly.

Then he smirked. 'Ok but remember my offer. And don't worry I won't tell the marauders.'
Lily sighed in relief.

Though the boy looked like James he was not arrogant like him. And he was much more handsome. Did she just think that? No she didn't. Of course, she didn't.

Sirius POV
As I was walking I found two figures having a heated discussion. I went forward to see they were Lily and james- no it was harry. He had green eyes unlike James.

Harry said' Ok, but remember my offer. And don't worry I won't tell the marauders.

I wondered if he was asking her out for a date. If so I couldn't let it happen. James would be devastated.

I decided to speak to him later. So during charms when I was partnered with harry I got my chance.

'Hey I kinda heard you and Lily talking. You were saying something about an offer but she refused and you told her not to tell the marauders. What are you hiding from us?

'You didn't hear before that right?
'No I didn't. You weren't asking her out on a date because she's James soon becoming wife - presently his crush.'

'Nope dude' laughed harry.
'But what was it about?'

'I promised her not to tell you guys. I don't break my promises.'
'You are a good chap. Until now I only have kept 3 promises.' grinned Sirius.

One was he had promised James that he would risk his life instead of betraying them. Second was he had promised Lupin never to give away his secret of being a werewolf. Third was he had promised James to be the bestman during James and lilys wedding.
And the bell rung leaving Sirius muffled in his thoughts.

Harry POV
Next he had double potions. As he entered the classroom he found slughorn was the potions master. He saw in the distance Snape and James glaring at each other with deep repulsion and hatred in their eyes.

Slughorn cleared his throat.
'Gryffindor and Slytherin will be partners. Let me read out the names.'
The last ones to be partnered were harry and Snape.

'Hey Snape'
'Out of my sight, Potter' spat Snape.
'I'm Granger not Potter.'
Snape looked up.
'Enough of your dirty tricks, Potter.'

'Professor Slughorn, Snape here is not wanting to partner me.'
'Severus I know you like to work alone but partner up with Granger.'said Slughorn.
'Hmm' said Snape.
'Your full name is - Severus snape'

'What do you care?'
'Hey let's be co-operative?'
'You are like Potter. I don't be friends with rubbish like him.'
'I'm not like him I promise you. Now do you accept my note of friendship?'

'I will be watching out but for now, I think a quiet partner is better than a lousy one.'

They shook hands.

'Great. According to your character I assume you are good at potions but actually excel at defence against the dark arts.'
'How do you know'said Snape suspiciously narrowing his eyes.
'I am good at reading people' said harry.

Snape didn't seem convinced but they continued working with a little conversation here and there.