The Argument

The next morning at hogwarts -

James POV
Flashback
'Wormtail get up'
'Uh huh?' He replied groggily.
'GET UP'
'Yeah getting up'
'Where's harry?'
'Sleeping in his dorm'
'Did he ask or get suspicious?'
And then wormtail told the three of us what happened.
'Man I trusted you not to give our cover'
'But whats with harry hating you?' Asked Sirius.
'He loathes me I tell you though I don't know why'
'That's fishy'
'Yep now lemme sleep'
'Sleep off ratty'

Now as he sat with Remus and Sirius. Harry came by.

'Hey guys.'
'Hiya harry' replied Sirius.
'So I assume you were pranking last night' he asked James.
'Huh yeah right'
'You told pettigrew to lie, right?'

'Yeah because we thought you would report us to some teacher.'
'Do I look like the person to do that? Even after yesterday's agreement.'

'No. Sorry harry we will include you next time.' said James clearly not meaning it.

'Well now it's divination. Who all are doing divination.'
'Me, Sirius and Peter. Remus is doing arithmancy.'
Sirius whispered to me 'and Lily'
James smiled.
That name always brought a smile to his face. Damn, he was in love with this girl.

Lily POV
It was divination. Divination was pretty easy. All you had to do was predict some fake catastrophes and act very grim and serious and Dun-Dun-Dun The teacher gets fooled.

I was hoping to apologize to Harry at the end of the period. I and Alice entered the classroom.

Professor Rose spoke in a misty boring way.

"Today we will learn about the most interesting part of divination. Today we shall learn about crystal balls."

Ahead of Lily, James Sirius Harry and Peter were sniggering entered the class as if it was okay to enter any time.

Professor Rose coughed as Harry Peter and Sirius went to one side while James came hopping and sat beside me.

'Hey lils'
'Shut up Potter. I am trying to concentrate.'
'So am I. On you.'
'Come to the point.'
'Well for the holy 95th time I ask you how about some butterbeer at the three broomsticks?'
'For the holy 95th time I am rejecting your offer Mr Potter'
'Okay, Mrs Potter'
'Go sit with Sirius and your other goons.'

'Nope. I wont.'
'Okay then do me a favour'
'Anything for you.'
'Shut your fat mouth.'

Lily saw harry argueing with Peter and Sirius trying to stop them.

Sirius POV
Sirius had never seen such an intense argument before.. alright he had seen, but not with pettigrew, atleast.

'Do they think us idiots to actually crystal gaze?' Joked wormy.

'If they do they are right in your case.' Joked harry.
His eyes burned with sickening fury for reasons Sirius couldn't comprehend.

'Why do you target me?' Asked wormy.

'The answer is too complicated to fit in your puny brain' Harry retaliated.

This went on for a while- both of them coming up with a comeback, not caring witty or not.

Until -
'I wonder how your parents deal with you and your temper?' Said wormtail finally exhausted as the bell rung and they walked out of class.

It was the last straw.
"HOW DARE YOU"
As be took wormtail by the scruff of his robe collar and if looks could kill he would already have died. He punched him in the face.

'Harry stop it' shouted both Sirius and James but harry paid no attention.

And then -
'Stop it Harry' said Lily Evans.
And Harry looked behind.

Peter POV
He took this moment to kick Harry in the chin and escape. Sirius guided him upto the hospital.

'That wasn't a very wise thing Peter, insulting his parents. You don't want Harry Granger as your enemy. He may seem kind but he is way too clever. If he starts to target you, you better get on his good side.' Sirius advised.

'He is mean to me.'

'Sort it out bro.'
And with that Sirius left him alone in the hospital wing.
Bah! Injuries! This was nothing. He left the hospital. Surely Remus would be able to understand his misery if not Sirius. He left to find Remus.

Lily POV
As she heard James and Sirius try to stop Harry from beating Peter up she knew she couldn't make him stop. She was wrong.

'Stop it Harry' she shouted.
And Harry stopped and looked behind. Peter kicked him and escaped with the help of sirius.

'Let's talk somewhere else' muttered harry.

'Okay'

They walked and finally found an empty classroom.

'So' Said Lily.
'So what?'
Gods he was not making it easy for her.
'I wanted to apologise for yesterday'
Harry looked taken aback.
'For what? Oh that! No no! It's my fault. It's just ...'
'You don't have to tell me' whispered Lily.
'Well I owe you one. My parents d-died to s-save me. They w-were killed to be precise. And pettigrew is a c-constant reminder of the tragedy.'

Lily didn't understand why not did she ask. Her heart filled with compassion for the boy standing next to her.
'Oh harry' Lily whispered and hugged him. 'It will be all right'
Harry tensed then hugged back.

And at that moment someone saw Harry Granger and Lily Evans hugging in an empty classroom. Apparently that someone was James potter.

'Harry Granger. You will never know what's coming in for you' he whispered to himself and went to Peter. It was time to form alliances.