Malfoy Returns Part 2

Draco POV
*Flashback*
I looked at Dumbledore's face to see any signs of a joke but his eyes were serious and eyebrows were scrunched up wearily.
'Um then what should I do?' Asked draco. Seriously draco stop being childish, he chided himself.
'If you are a Malfoy I suppose you are a death eater.'
I nodded nervously.
'When and where did you land in the past?'
'Yesterday night in my home I mean Malfoy Manor.'
'Did you tell anyone that you are from the future other than me?'
'No. I didn't.'
'If you were a deatheater than why not. I suppose you have the power to hasten this war or even better make voldemort more invincible.'
'I have but I won't. I regret my deeds. I hate my life. I hate to be a deatheater.'
Dumbledore smiled and simply said -
'It is our choices which show what we truly are far more than our abilities.'
*End of Flashback*

Be had discussed some important things with Dumbledore. He had learnt about voldemort and his horcruxes. He also came to know traces of their plan to defeat him and his horcruxes to prevent deaths. It was indeed a noble deed. He also had the same cause to live a peaceful life. Harry would ofcourse hate him so no point talking with him. But Hermione ...

She would understand. Surely she would give him a second chance and this time he wouldn't fail ...

He had come to know that she was at lily's house and their first stop during the quest was Malfoy Manor. He knew the way. He was the only one who knew how to enter and escape without any blaring and beeping of alarms and getting the laser beam active.
He was their only chance at finding the diary. The diary to open the chamber of secrets.

It was now or never. He apparated to lilys house. Dumbledore had given him the address. He decided to introduce himself formally. He was a bit nervous after all she was here.

He knocked on the door. Mrs Evans opened it looking surprised.

'Mrs Evans I am a friend of Hermione Granger who is currently here. Can I have a word with her.'

Mrs Evans raised an eyebrow.

'LILY. HERMIONE. COME DOWN HERE.'

A grumbling red head came downstairs.
'What's up mom?'
Draco supposed this was harrys mom.
'Lily is this young man in your year?'
Lily scrunched her eyebrows.
'No. He isn't. Infact I don't even think I have ever seen him in Hogwarts.'
'Lily um I am Hermione's classmate.' He said trying to make her show sense.
She looked confused when she finally gasped and nodded.
'Yes. I finally remember you. Mom yes I know him. Wait I will call Hermione. You can come.' She said pointing to the corridor.

After her mom went,
'So you are also from the future?' she whispered.
'Yes.'
'Are you her ex? Ron?'
'Weasley?' He laughed. 'Do I look like a redhead to you? Um no offence.'
'None taken. So you are her friend? What's your name? And how the Heck do you know me?'
'Its complicated. Um can I just talk once with Hermione. In private.'
'Ok.' Said Lily raising her eyebrow.
That moment Hermione came.
'Um Lily what was-' she stopped on looking at me.
Her face turned pale. Then angry.
I was pushed to the wall and Hermione had her wand against my neck.
'Why the Heck did you let him enter. He is a death eater gods, forsake.'
Lilys eyes widened.
'Lily come here for a moment.' Her mom called her.
She hesitated for a moment then went away.

'Hermione I have changed. Please just listen to me. Once.'
'And why should I trust you after all these years?'
'I was wrong. I did the wrong thing. All these years.'
'What made you bring sense in your filthy brain.'
'You.' He said softly.
'What?'
'You. Hermione. You. You made me realize my mistakes. You made me realize it. That I love you. I always have loved you.'

And at that moment draco leaned in. Hermione hesitated but completed it.
'I love you too Draco.' She hugged him.
And at that moment when Hermione's lips touched his, all his worries and fear vanished. Nothing in this world mattered. An asteroid could have hit him but he wouldn't budge.

This this was the first time In his life he felt happiness. Hermione completed him.