Chapter 7 Rescue

A/N HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES I WILL REALLY TRY TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN BUT WRITER'S BLOCK IS A JERK. P.S. THE PIC IS OF BELLA.

>>>2 MONTHS LATER<<<

>>>THIRD PERSON<<<

Sherlock searched for something to tell him where Bella was. He sat in the morgue in the lab trying to find a finger print or hair or even a fingernail to run a DNA test, but there was nothing not even a stray hair was left behind. Out of anger, he pushed all the papers off of the table, "Why?! Why is he so hard to find?!" He shouted, "Why? Why her? Why my daughter?" He asked loudly to no one, "I was suppose to protect her! And I failed!" He sits back down when a thought pops into his head, "I hate the obvious." He states. He looks at a the newspaper that he had pushed off of the table with everything else. He flipped through it looking at each page until his eyes found what he was looking for. On the paper was a picture of Ben the caption read Ben Marie, arrested two months ago for child abuse escaped a day after being arrested. He is still not in custody. "I'm a bloody idiot!" He screams with joy and a bit of worry in his voice. He walked out of the lab, not cleaning up his mess, and walked out of Bart's Hospital. He hailed a cab and gave the address to the cabbie and they started driving, "I'm coming to save you Bella." He whispered to himself, he reached into the pocket inside of his coat and pulled Breezy. He stared at the bee for the whole ride.

When the cab pulled to a stop Sherlock payed the cabbie and put Breezy back into his pocket. He stepped out of the cab and watched as it drove away. He turned around and stared at the house that hopefully still belonged to the criminal who escaped. He walked to the door and knocked. "Who is it?" A voice called from the other side of the door. Sherlock knew who the voice belonged to. He tried to open the door using the doorknob but it was locked. He kicked down the door, after a few tries.

He looked around but Ben was gone. He ran around the house finally finding the basement door, knowing it would be locked, he used most of his strength to kick it down on the first try. When the door opened he ran down the stairs flicking the light on. Standing in the center of the room was Ben holding onto Bella with a knife held to her throat. Bella couldn't struggle against him. She had tears running down her face. Her right arm hung at her side loosely and her left hand was latched to Ben's left arm that was holding her to him as his right held the knife to her throat, "Come any closer and I'll slit her throat." He warned.

"No you won't you need her to get to me. That was Moriarty's plan was it not?" Sherlock asked.

Footsteps echoed through the ceiling of the basement. The footsteps got louder as they neared the door of the basement. The door opened, "Ben you down here?" A voice asked as he walked down the steps, "Oh Sherlock, about time you showed up. I was about to let him torture Bell." Sherlock turned to see the consulting criminal smiling at him.

"It's me you want isn't it? Why take her?" Sherlock asked. Jim looked around Sherlock at Ben and nodded his head. Ben took the knife from Bella's throat and let her go.

"Daddy!" She shouted and ran to him hugging his legs with her left arm, her right still hanging loosely at her side.

"You see Sherly, you wouldn't come with me voluntarily and I have known Benny for a while. I knew about Bella before you did. And I knew that she escaped and found you. I also knew that you would do anything to keep her safe. There for to get to you I had to get her. And I was right , as always." Moriarty explained. Sherlock bent down to pick up Bella and he noticed her right arm hanging loosely at her side. He looked at her with worry but Bella didn't pay any attention to his worry and wrapped her good arm around him in a hug.

"Now that you have been reacquainted lets get down to busine-" Jim was cut off by his phone ringing. He rolled his eyes, "Do you mind if I get that?" He asked. Sherlock shook his head and Moriarty pulled out his phone, answering the call, "What?!" He asked angrily. He listened to the other person talk and then hung up, "Go." He said to Sherlock as he waved his hand motioning them toward the door, "Ben come on we have a job to do." He said cheerfully.

Sherlock hurried out of the house carrying Bella, "Are you okay?" He asked looking at her with worry in his eyes. Bella shook her head as he walked on the sidewalk.

"M-My arm. It's broken. It started as a broken wrist but it wasn't taken care of and it got worse." She explained as he hailed a cab. They climbed in and climbed into the back seat.

"Bart's Hospital." Sherlock told the cabbie, who nodded and began to drive off. "Bella did they hurt you? How did you break your arm?" He asked frantically not letting himself make any deductions.

"They didn't hurt me. Ben did, when Jimmy wasn't there of course." She told him lifting her shirt revealing the bruises and cuts from a whip.

"Jimmy?" Sherlock questioned, "Jimmy! Why did you call him Jimmy?" He asked raising his voice just a bit. Bella shrunk back into him, leaning her back on his chest as she sat on his lap.

"Because when he was around he would protect me from Ben. He didn't want to hurt me like Ben did, Daddy he protected me. If it weren't for him I might be dead. Jimmy saved me Daddy." She explained to Sherlock. Bella's mind went to the memory of what had happened only two weeks ago.

Flashback

Bella sat on the cold concrete floor of the dark basement ,tears running down het face as Ben struck the whip on her back again. She heard footsteps upstairs and Ben didn't seem to hear it. Bella felt a tiny bit of hope knowing that Moriarty would stop Ben. She heard the door to the basement open, "Ben? What's going on?" Jim started down the stairs, "Ben!" He shouted when he saw the whip coiled up in Ben's hand.

"Jimmy!" Bella exclaimed hopping to her feet as she limped to him. She hid herself behind the consulting criminal.

End flashback

The cab pulled to a stop outside of Bart's Hospital. Sherlock got out lifting Bella out with him. He paid the cabbie and they started toward the doors. Sherlock carried Bella to the lab at the morgue. When he opened the door he was surprised to see John and Molly cleaning up his mess from earlier, "Sherlock!" John said dropping what he holding, "Bella!" He exclaimed. He rushed toward the detective and his daughter. He placed a kiss on Sherlock's cheek. Bella smirked at this and John began to look her over. He noticed her arm and he tried to lift it and she yelped in pain.

"John her arm is broken." Sherlock informed him.

"Molly I need things to make a cast." John ordered. Molly nodded and scurried off to get the things. She returned quickly and handed the items go John. John took Bella into his arms, "She needs X-Rays." He said.

"This way." Molly said leading them through the door and to the X-Ray room.

John set Bella down and carefully placed her arm on the X-Ray table. They took the X-Ray of her arm. John then, after looking at the X-Ray, proceeded to put a purple cast on Bella's arm.