Chapter 14 Talking

A/N Hey so before we get started I have an announcement, I am going to be trying to make myself a schedule to tell myself when to update and doing this I will try to update every week but keep in mind this may not always happen there may not be a chapter or an update for maybe two weeks I have to put school first. Ok now that that's out of the way onto the chapter.

Bella buried her head into her pillow a few tears still falling when John knocked on her bedroom door, "Bella?"

"Go away!" She shouted throwing her pillow at the door. She wiped her few tears away and sat on her bed hugging her hedgehog toy to her chest.

"Bella, dinner's ready come on you have to eat." John pleaded from outside the door. He was about to turn the doorknob when Bella opened the door. She wrapped her arms around him in a hug and buried her face in his chest.

"I'm sorry." She said letting her tears fall. John wrapped his arms around her accepting the hug.

"It's okay Bella. But can we talk about it?" He asked. Bella looked up with worry in her eyes, she was obviously scared that he would get mad at what she had to say about what had happened just hours before. She hesitantly nodded her head and he led her to the dining room to eat their dinner. John sat at one end of the table with Mary across from him and Bella to his right.

Bella poked her corn with her fork and nibbled on her chicken. John and Mary began a conversation about work, then John looked at Bella and he noticed that she hadn't eaten much, "Bella are you going to eat?" He asked. She used her fork to scoop some corn into her mouth and ate her chicken leg with her fingers. She set it back on her plate with only two bites taken out of it. She pushed her plate away and finished her drink. She then sat in silence waiting for John and Mary to finish eating.

"Come on Bella you have to eat more than that." Mary said looking at Bella's plate that had been pushed away.

"Not hungry." Bella mumbled looking down at her hands.

"Bella, at least eat some more of your chicken." John pleaded giving Bella his full attention. Bella pulled her plate closer to her silently and picked up her chicken leg and took a couple more bites before setting it down and looking up at John.

"I'm full." She stated as she pushed her plate away, the half eaten chicken leg and corn that hadn't been touched.

"Okay lets talk." John said looking at Bella.

"I'm going to give you two some space." Mary said at she got up and set her plate in the sink. She then left the room.

"Bella, what did you mean when you said that I've moved on?" John asked with hurt in his voice.

"You have someone else you don't need to remember Dad anymore. You're happy again, but it's without him." She explained, "Why did you even take me in?" She asked quietly. John looked hurt at her comment, "I mean I understand you made a promise to look after me but..." she trailed off.

"But what Bella?"

"But why?" She asked loudly, "Why keep me? Why should you have to. And really you don't have to you can send me away whenever you want to!" She said almost yelling. John looked hurt once again by her words.

"Bella you know I would never send you away. I love you and I always will. I don't care about a promise I would've taken you in even if I didn't promise Sherlock." John explained looking her in the eyes.

"I know but...." She trailed off and looked away, "You just don't understand." She said raising her voice slightly, "At school I'm a nobody, only Gracie and Maggie care about what happens to me, the teacher is mean he sends me to the principal if I try to make interjections or 'prove him wrong' and I'm not allowed to read my book on my phone! You don't understand what it's like to have everyone in your class want to beat the crap out of you for no reason!" He said her voice rising with each word she said. John was taken aback at this.

"Bella, I..I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me about these things?" He asked with a worried look.

"It doesn't matter!" She screamed getting up from her chair. She was about to leave the room when John caught her wrist.

"Bella there is one thing we haven't discussed. You did skip school and you are grounded. No phone, tablet, ipod or T.V. for a month." He told her.

"John!" She whined.

"This is a no whining zone." He said with a smirk.

She laughed slightly at this and went room. She grabbed her T.V. remote, ipod, phone, and tablet and went to give then to John, she knew the drill. Once the items where put somewhere she couldn't find she went back to her room. She reached under her bed and grabbed her unicorn puzzle. She opened the box and looked down into the colorful void of puzzle pieces. She dumped them out and began to work on the border of the puzzle.

>>>3 hours later<<<

Bella was halfway through the puzzle when John knocked on the door, "Bella it's time for bed." He called through the door.

"Kay." She called back as she got up. She opened the door and found John standing there. She gave him a hug, "Night." She told him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight Bella."

A/N Hey I know it was short but I thought it was kind of cute in the beginning so another announcement. There will be more Mystrade for those who were wondering. And another thing, I was going through my chapters and I noticed that the reads slowly went down in numbers and that made me sad :'( anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter please give me feedback. Doctorwholover out.