Chapter 16 Mycroft's Announcement

A/N For all of those Mystrade lovers this is for you. If you don't ship Mystrade read this anyway :D

Bella woke early in the morning in her old room at Baker Street, "Huh?" She was confused, she thought it was a dream. She ran down the stairs to the kitchen to see Sherlock sitting at the table looking into a microscope. She ran to him and wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

"Bella?" He started, "why are you hugging me? I thought we finished the hugging in the woods."

"I thought it was a dream. I thought you were still gone." She said burying her face in his side, "I have a question. Who knew you were alive?"

"Mycroft, Molly, and some on my homeless network." Sherlock said plainly.

"So the British government, a pathologist, and a hundred homeless people."

"No 25 at most." He said with humor.

Bella rolled her eyes, "If Mycroft knew then Greg would've known. Right? Or at least he would've figured it out by now...well he isn't all that bright but still."

"Oh about Mycroft and Lestrade. I expect an announcement by the end of the week." Sherlock said with a smirk.

"Really?!" Bella squealed, "Huh Uncle Greg Holmes. Or Mycroft Lestrade. Has a nice ring to it if you ask me." She commented with a smile.

>>>At Mycroft's mansion<<<

Mycroft woke to the sun shining in his eyes and rolled over to see Greg still asleep next to him. He smiled and got up. He got dressed and reached into the pocket of his suit that he wore the day before. He pulled out a black velvet box and opened it to look inside. He stared down at the gold ring. Engraved in the inside of the ring was the word forever, his was engraved with the word always. He closed the box and winced when it snapped shut, he quickly looked over to the sleeping man in the bed and let out a breath of relief to see that he was still asleep. He put the box in his pocket and left to make himself coffee and to make breakfast for him and Greg.

He began to make fried eggs and bacon, Greg's favorite. He took a sip of the freshly brewed coffee and hummed at the taste and continued to cook the meal. He was almost finished with the bacon when a pair of arm snaked around his waist. Greg's head laid on his shoulder as Mycroft finished cooking, "What's this for Myc?" Greg asked with a sleepy tone.

"I thought I would make breakfast. Is that a problem?"

"Not at all. Is there coffee left."

"Yes in the pot." Greg poured himself a cup of coffee and Mycroft began to fill two plates with eggs and bacon. He placed two eggs and three strips of bacon on one plate and the same on the other. He led Greg to the table with the plates in hand. He set on in front of the other man and set his at his spot. He left the room for a second to get his coffee and then returned to eat his breakfast. Once they were finished Mycroft decided that they needed to take a walk through his garden. Greg got dressed and they walked out to the garden together. They walked hand in hand until Mycroft stopped, "Gregory I have to tell you something." He said.

"What? Is something wrong?" Greg was confused he didn't understand what was going on.

"Nothing is wrong it's the complete opposite. Everything is perfect in my life when I have you. I used to say that love was not an advantage but now i see that I was wrong."

"Mycroft what's going on?" Greg asked, his face twisted in confusion.

"I know now that I was wrong about everything I said about love, because I have you." Mycroft got down on one knee and reached into his pocket, "I love you Gregory Lestrade."