Chapter 13 One Year Later

A/N NO ONE HAS TOLD ME IF THEY WANTED BELLA'S FIRST CHRISTMAS WITHOUT SHERLOCK OR A YEAR LATER. SO I'M GOING WITH A YEAR LATER.

Bella had been acting out over the last year, she would skip school and had started to have an atitude toward John. Her and John had moved out of Baker St. And John now had a girlfriend, Mary. Bella had started acting out when John met Mary, she was angry that he had moved on so easily. Yes she liked Mary, she was like a mum to her. When Bella couldn't sleep Mary would sing to her. Mary loved Bella like she was her own daughter. Bella had also been seeing a therapist, which is where we start today.

"Okay lets start from the beginning, Bella." The therapist said in a calm voice. This was Bella 's first day in therapy.

"Okay. My name is Bella Marie Holmes and my father Sherlock Holmes is" she gulped, "...dead." she finished.

"That's not the beginning. I can tell that there is more to it. Tell me about your mum." The therapist said with a small smile.

Bella gulped and looked down at her hands, "When I was three my mum was hit by a car and she didn't make it. My uncle was the one driving the car. I was supposed to live with him but he was abusive." She felt tears stream down her face as she explained the terrible memory, "After a month of abuse I ran. I ran all the way to Dad. He protected me as best as he could, but my uncle found me and I was kidnapped by him. After Dad found me I was kidnapped again, but this time John was with me." She wiped away a few tears but more streamed over her cheeks in their place.

"It's okay Bella, you don't have to say anymore. Our time is almost up." The therapist said as she wrote down some things in the file she had started for Bella.

Bella wiped away her tears with the back of her hand and stood up, "Can I go?" She asked.

"Yes. Your next appointment is next Tuesday."

"Thanks." Bella walked out the door, and she walked toward home.

When she reached the small house she pushed the door open and in the sitting room John and Mary were kissing. Bella made a gagging noise, "Get a room!" She shouted with humour in her voice. She ran off to her room.

Having talked about her mum and what happened when she was younger opened her eyes once again to how terrible her life was. She had no mum or dad. She definitely didn't have any siblings. She was alone. She began to feel sorry for herself. The knock at her bedroom door jerked her from her thoughts, "Bella?" Mary's voice asked.

"Come in." Bella called whipping away tears she hadn't noticed were falling down her face. Mary opened the door and smiled at her.

"How was your first therapy session?" She asked.

"Fine I guess."

"Want anything to eat, I'm gonna start on supper." Mary asked. Bella nodded.

"Pizza sounds good right now."

"Alright pizza it is. Then you have to take a shower and head to bed you have school in the morning." That's what they thought, but Bella, Gracie, and Maggie had other plans. Over the last year Bella and Maggie had become better friends, mainly because Bella started skipping school. Tomorrow they were going by the docks, to the arcade, and just anywhere they could get away from the world.

"Yeah."

Mary made pizza and after supper Bella took a shower, "Good night, John. Good night Mary." She called from her room. She turned off the lights and pulled out her phone.

Hey ready for tomorrow?
BMH

Yeah! How about you?
MA(Maggie Allen)