Chapter 10 Escape

A/N HEY SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FASTER BUT I HAVE SCHOOL AND WITH THE HOLIDAYS IT'S HARD TO UPDATE I HOPE YOU ENJOY CHAPTER 10

~~~Bella's POV~~~
It's been four months, it's now June and today is my birthday. I'm turning four and Daddy isn't here, I miss him, I miss the sunshine, I miss Breezy, I especially miss the old John, the John that was happy and not hurt and sad. He seems to be in a depression. The whole reason we are here is because Ben blames me for my mummy's death. It may have been my fault that she was driving, I didn't want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich I wanted take away from the chicken place and Mummy was getting me my chicken meal, but it wasn't my fault she was hit....it was Ben who hit her. He was drunk and he knows it was him but he doesn't want to admit it so he takes it out on me and now he's taking it out on Daddy by taking me and John.

I slowly opened my eyes to see John laying unconscious on the floor. He had tried to strangle Ben with my scarf and Ben knocked him out while I was "asleep". I kept laying with my head on the pillow as I listened.

"Jim I can't! I'm busy!" Ben shouted, "Fine I'll be there in an hour." He said and I heard footsteps come closer to the door and I quickly closerd my eyes and acted asleep. He opened the door and walked out satisfied that I was still asleep. When I heard the car pull out I waited for a bit before I got up and looked around. My eyes fell on the window, unlocked. I ran to it and pushed it open with my uncasted arm, Ben had not let John take it off when it was fully healed. I was about to climb out the window when I remember John I couldn't leave him. I ran over to the bedside table ad found a paper and pen. I wrote John I found a way to escape I will come back for you. Don't let Ben blame you, remember you were a soldier, you killed people. Well you were a doctor but you had bad days. When I was finished I folded the note and set it next to him. I climbed out of the window and bolted into the woods in the direction of the highway. I ran for what felt like hours before I collapsed by a tree.

"What was I thinking? I can't do this alone it's to far away. I'll never get home." I said as tears ran down my face as I pulled my knees to my chest and cried. I wiped ny eyes and got up, "No! Ben doesn't control me it wasn't my fault that she got hit, it was his. Doesn't he remember. I know I'm not helpless I can do this." I said with determination in my voice. I began to run again. I ran for miles only stopping to get a breath. By the time I reached the highway it was dark. I knew exactly which direction to go. I ran until I saw headlights come closer. I stopped and bent down so that the driver couldn't see me. The car slowed down and the person in the passenger seat rolled down the window. A girl stared down at me. I had never realized how I must have looked to her, my hair was a mess and my face was sweaty and mud on my cheeks.

"Dad it's a girl." She said to the driver, "Hey what's your name?" She asked as she opened the door and stepped out of the car. She had long blond hair that was pulled into a pony tail, she was tall and she looked way older than me. She bent down to me and held her hand out for me to take, "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." She said trying to get me to trust her. I stood up and looked at her.

"B-Bella, my name is Bella. C-can you help me find my Daddy?" I asked her.

She nodded, "My name is Daisy. How old are you Bella?" She asked.

"Four today." I told her.

"What's your daddy's name?" She asked.

"Sh-Sherlock Holmes. He lives at 221B Baker ST. can you take me there?" I asked.

She looked back at the driver, "Can we help her dad?" She asked.

"Yes we are heading that way. You said Sherlock Holmes right?" He asked.

I nodded, "Y- Yes."

"Daisy, help her in." He told Daisy, who nodded.

"Here." She said picking me up and opening the backseat door. She set me in and buckled the seatbelt. She closed the door and climbed into the front seat. She looked back at me, "So Bella, why are you out here at this time of night?" She asked.