Chapter 13: Family reunion

Harry's POV

I can't believe this.

My father actually forced my sister to come here with that obnoxious moron. My fingers tangle in my hair and I tug at the roots in frustration. I know my father is probably pissed off and it brings me a sense of satisfaction. I can't stop myself from pacing back and forth in the lobby, my nerves being on the edge. This is just the thing that was needed for me to explode. I feel a sting of guilt as I realise I left Elizabeth alone with them, but I would seriously only make everything worse by going back in there.

I press my palm against the cool wall, leaning on it while my other hand is still in my hair. I need to calm down, I can go through the night without punching someone.

"Harry?" Her voice makes me flinch, but in a good way. I turn around to face my sister, my eyes meeting hers. I can't help but stare at her, it's been almost three months since the last time I saw her and I have to admit that I've missed her.

"I'm sorry, Gemma," I mumble, averting my eyes to the floor. "I just couldn't control myself when I saw you with him."

"It's okay, Harry." Her arms suddenly lock tightly around my waist and I return the gesture with equal affection.

Gemma is the first one to pull away. "Harry, you should really head back inside, father is angry," she murmurs and I observe her face carefully. My eyes widen as I notice a covered bruise at the edge of her forehead. I feel my blood boil as my fists clench at my sides.

I bring my hand to her face, gently brushing my thumb over the bruise. "I'm going to kill him," I spit, gritting my teeth in anger.

"No, no, it's not like that!" The panic is evident in her voice. "I got it while practicing with Sarah, I swear."

The only thing stopping me is the fact Sarah told me they're training almost every day. It still doesn't calm my nerves, I would do anything for someone to actually encourage me to punch Andrew's obnoxious face.

"I hope you're not lying to me," I reply sternly and she visibly relaxes.

"God, Harry, I can take care of myself. I know you don't like him, but you know what would happen if the two of you got into another fight," she reasons.

I huff, raking my fingers through my hair. "I know, he would end up either dead or in a hospital after I'm done with him."

"Harold," she warns me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm joking... but still." I wink at her playfully, earning a grin from her.

"Let's get back inside, you left Elizabeth all alone in there."

"Fine. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the vein popping out on dad's forehead." I smirk at the thought and Gemma laughs quietly.

"I've missed you, you know," she says, looking up at me as we walk toward the dining room.

"Oh, I know." My lips twich as I take a deep breath before pushing the doors open. I'll try to survive the night for my sister. I know living with Andrew must be hell for her and what saddens me is that, right now, I can't do anything about it.

I'll use it as a motivation to work harder on our plan, this has to come to an end.

. . . .

Elizabeth's POV

I watch anxiously as Harry storms out of the room, leaving me in a rather awkward situation. I notice a smirk on Andrew's face as if he's enjoying the scene. Ben's expression is angry and I can tell he's barely holding it together. I decide to do something and go after him, but Gemma beats me to it.