Chapter 54: Attachment

Elizabeth's POV

When I left Harry and lost my father, I didn't think I'd feel any sort of happiness anytime soon. However, the moment I learned Jenna, Louis' supposedly dead partner, is alive, something changed. It's been a few days since I found out about it, and I haven't left her side since. She has shown a great amount of compassion and understanding for me, and for that I'm grateful. I can see why Louis loves her, she's really something else.

"Beth, you're next," Jenna says as she storms into my room. "That bitch Ben Styles asked for you."

My blood runs cold as I sit up hastily. "He's here? He hasn't been here at all since I came here, what does he want?" I try to stay calm, but as my heart accelerates and my breathing quickens, I realise I'm failing. 

"Listen, it'll be okay," she tries to assure me. "They can't afford to let any of us die, they need us."

I stand up, slowly starting to panic. "He wants to torture me," I say. "My father hated the man, I'm sure he wants to remind me of his death, he wants to tell me he won."

"Beth, calm down," she places her hand on my shoulder. "Whatever he wants, you can go through it. You're strong, you can do it. If he ties you, spit in his face."

I smile, but barely. "How can you be so positive after everything you've been through here? Have you ever tried to escape?"

"I have, many times, too many to count. They even had one of the guards watch my every step for two months. Once they realised I had finally given up, they left me alone. But your arrival and your words gave me hope. They'll come for you, Beth. And then I'll be free too."

"How can you be so sure they'll come for me? It's been almost two weeks since I was brought here," I reason. "They think you're dead, they probably think I'm dead, too."

She shakes her head. "Zayn's been waiting for so long to find out the location of this lab, and now that he knows about it, he'll come. Trust me, they're all coming," she grins.

"I'll go there myself," I tell her, taking a deep breath. "I won't give him the satisfaction to see me dragged in there."

"You're much tougher than you look," Jenna says, smiling. "Don't let the bastard break you. Want me to come with you?"

"Never," I say, walking toward the door. "No, I'll be fine. See you soon."

I wipe my palms against the plain uniform, focusing on keeping my breathing stable. I'm not sure if this is called bravery or stupidity, but I do know I'm more determined than ever to make them pay. I'd like to see Andrew's, Gerald's, and Ben's heads on spikes, but shooting them would suffice.

When I reach the hallway filled with 'torture labs', as we call them, the guards look at me like I'm crazy. Of course, they never had to deal with someone who actually volunteered to be taken on the testings. Three of them escort me to the right lab and one of them pushes me inside, making sure to close the glass door behind me.

"Impressive, I wasn't expecting this," Ben's voice bounces off the white walls, sending shivers down my spine. He's standing in front of another door across, observing me.

"I heard you wanted to see me," I say, making sure to keep my voice firm. "Here I am."

"Come closer, dear," he says. "I just want to talk."

"I just want to shoot you, but we can't have what we want, can we?" I snap.

My tone catches him off guard for a few moments before he chuckles. "Tough girl. Sorry to hear about your father, may he rest in peace."