Chapter 37: Tea

Elizabeth's POV

"Oh my God," Harry says. "You lied to me."

"What? No, I didn't."

"First of all, it's not a documentary," he pouts. "And second of all, the blonde one freezes to death, what the hell? How does any of this make sense?"

"Okay, maybe I made that up, but it's still based on a true story," I argue, turning the TV off.

"What, she couldn't move? I have five different solutions and neither of them dies," he shakes his head. "All that shit for nothing."

"You sound angry Jack and Rose didn't end up together," I tease, biting my lip to keep a smile off my face.

"No, but it doesn't make sense," he mutters.

"It's called selflessness. He loved her and sacrificed himself so she could survive," I explain, amused with his reaction.

Harry purses his lips. "Be right back." He stands and walks into the kitchen. He comes back a couple of minutes later, holding a tray with two mugs on it. "Tea." He leans and places the tray on the table, pushing one mug in front of me.

I look at him questioningly. "Sugar?"

"Oh, right," he paces back into the kitchen and a few curse words later, he comes back, placing it on the tray. "I don't like it in my tea," he shrugs.

He sits down next to me and hands me a spoon, watching me as I put three spoonfuls of sugar into my tea, stirring it slowly.

"Shit, Beth, you can't just ruin tea like that." His nose wrinkles in a cute way.

"I made it better, actually. Sometimes I add four."

"Living on the edge, I see," he grins and I laugh.

"Twelve," Harry says. "I think I've caught you staring twelve times."

I roll my eyes. "Can you stop keeping score? It's creepy."

"And you staring is not creepy?" He sips his tea.

"Well, you're attractive," I blurt out.

"Am I now?" He smirks, tilting his head aside.

My cheeks turn red instantly. "Uh, I take it back."

"You can't take it back, Beth."

"Deal with it."

He chuckles deeply and rolls his eyes. We sit in silence, sipping on our drinks.

"Someone died because of me," I whisper.

Harry almost chokes on his tea, coughing lightly. "What?"

"Uh, that kind of came out wrong, I guess."

"Fuck's sake, you can't start a conversation like that," he shakes his head.

"My brother was the best brother you could ask for," I start. "He understood me, like really understood me. He could sit and listen to my nonsense for hours." I chuckle dryly. "But the problem was, he was doing a lot of illegal activities that could get him arrested and killed. I knew about it and kept it a secret. I never approved, but I kept it a secret because he begged me to."

Harry nods, motioning for me to continue while sipping on his tea.

"I noticed how he suddenly started to act differently, he was careless and he lost that spark in his eyes he always had. I realised one of his friends dragged him into it all... that same friend also did something to me and I-I was very angry and hurt and I don't think clearly when I'm like that. We'd fought many times and once I had enough of that, I threatened to report him and gave him a chance to fix things. Instead, he reported Daniel, who was basically his closest friend, because of me and everyone found out the truth."