Chapter 20: Idea

Elizabeth's POV

It's been three days since that confusing moment with Harry after our argument. To say I felt embarrassed after he just left would be an understatement. I don't even understand what happened, one moment his pretty face is close to mine and the other he's running away.

I don't understand what am I doing wrong. Just when I was starting to think things were getting better between us, he started to behave like his old, cold self. I have bigger problems than Harry, though.

I am determined to visit my father today to finally find out if what Zayn told me is true. I'd surely crush me if that proves to be correct, I have an imagine of my father as a caring man who would always find a way to comfort me when I'm sad, who would give me random hugs and always manage to put a smile to my face. I hate to think he's not the man I think he is.

"Harry?" I say as I open the bedroom door. He's sitting at the desk aside, seemingly focused on some papers. I enter inside, but he doesn't notice me at all.  "Harry," I say louder this time and he jumps up in fright, his widened eyes meeting mine.

"What?" He asks, quickly picking up all the papers on one stack, placing them all in a desk drawer. He pushes himself up, turning to face me.

I glance at the drawer, but I decide not to question him about it. "I came here to tell you I'm leaving."

His eyebrows pull together. "What do you mean? Leaving where?"

"To visit my parents," I reply. "And I know what you're thinking, it's not a good idea, but my father cares about me and he'd never do anything that would jeopardize my life."

He takes a deep breath. "You're not going anywhere," his voice is inexplicably calm.

I try to ignore the fact how good he looks wearing a plaid flannel shirt while his curls are pushed back with a bandana. I've never seen him wearing one and it wouldn't hurt to see more.

"I came here to tell you, not to ask for your permission," I raise my brow. 

"Seriously, what would you tell him?" He asks. "Hey daddy, I came here so you could tell me all about illegal, immoral and sick things you've done and witnessed," he says in a high-pitched voice. "You'll only end up disappointed."

"No need to he dramatic. Didn't you say you want me to help you? And didn't you say you need information from him?"

"Yeah, but not like that, it's a stupid, unlogical idea." He rolls his eyes. "I had different..." He sighs. "You're ruining everything, I knew we shouldn't have told you anything."

"You should honestly stop underestimating me, Harry. I know very well how will I handle this situation," I say. "You may think it's a reckless move, but I've been thinking about it for days and I came to conclusion talking is the best option. Honestly if more people talked about their problems, the world would be a beter place." I turn around to leave but he grips my wrist, spinning me around.

"You're not going," he mutters and I open my mouth to protest, but he quickly adds, "not without me."

. . . .

"This is stupid," Harry complains for the nth time. We're currently on our way to my parents' house and it won't be long until we reach the city border.

"Remember drama queen, no one forced you to come."

"You would screw up everything."

"I wouldn't."