Living In The Future...

"If I'm in the future, then why no one remembers me?" was the question that kept on lingering in Andrea Walker's mind as she walked past several familiar places.

What kind of paradox am I trapped in? she thought. She walked past town and saw a neighbor of hers. Andrea tried approaching the neighbor.

"Excuse me, Mr Darcy," said Andrea.

"How do you know my name?" asked the man who was known as Mr Darcy.

That same phrase was thrown at Andrea as she met another two people. "You're probably from outta town," said a lady when Andrea asked her, "Have you seen me before?"

Andrea gave up just fifteen minutes later. What am I going to do? she thought. No one knows who I am and no one will ever know.

Andrea stared at the phone. It erased my future. How could it even be possible? She unlocked the phone and tried to find that same application that brought her here. If I can relaunch it, I can probably go back to the past.

But alas! The application was no longer existent. Andrea became even more and more baffled. I guess I'll just have to get used to the city I'm in, she thought.

***********************

Andrea walked aimlessly around the city. She was expecting some phenomenal change in the city in two weeks. But the city looked exactly the same, and Andrea felt as if she wasn't in the future. The clock tower right in the center of Usrington City was there, just like it always was.

Usrington, the metropolis that Andrea lived in, when she still existed. Andrea still couldn't understand how the entire thing was occuring.

"Why am I still here if I don't exist?" asked Andrea to herself, "None of this crap makes sense."

I think I should go to my parents' house. They're only an hour from here. Perhaps if I tell mom and dad face-to-face, they'll understand me. She hailed a cab and told the driver, "Romney Hills, please."

*****************

The cab stopped right in front of Andrea's house. As she stepped out of the house, she was in for a shock. Instead of the palatial bungalow she was expecting, she was greeted to a modest row of semi-detached houses lined up neatly against one another.

Andrea rang the bell. Her own mother answered the call.

"Hi there. My name Andrea Walker. I called you earlier," remarked Andrea.

"I told you that you're not my daughter!" yelled Andrea's mother.

"I'm just here to apologize for the altercation earlier," said Andrea.

"Could I come in?" asked Andrea again.

"What's going on outside wifey?" asked a voice behind Andrea's mother.

Instead of the jovial man whom she called father back when she existed, a tall, brown-skin man who had a serious expression on his face came out on the house and joined Andrea's mother.

"Can I help you?" asked the man in a deep and threatening voice.

"Where's Simon Walker? Who are you and what have you done with my father?" yelled Andrea.

Andrea tried to force her way in, but the man was too strong for her. He was about to whack her, but Andrea's mother stopped him. "Come on Jim, let's just go in. I'll shut the door." The man named Jim silently walked inside.

Andrea's mother suddenly whispered, "Who are you and how do you know so much about my life?"

"Mom, I'm your daughter Andrea. You have to believe me. The only reason you don't recognize me is because I don't exist."