2115- The Further Future

"This is 2115 for you," said Dr Khan as the TiMo arrived in the heart of Usrington City.

Andrea opened her eyes and was given a shock. Usrington City had completely changed in 100 years. The city was jam-packed with tons of people needing to push each other to walk. Andrea noticed, the city was packed with human traffic. So much for population growth.

"And that's why they took cars to the sky," remarked Andrea.

She and Dr Khan looked up in the sky and saw a huge number of cars in the sky - but they were flying, instead of driving.

Dr Khan chuckled, "I hope this is the right future, where cars can actually fly."

"Can the TiMo ascend to the sky? I'd like to see how cars really drive in the sky," said Andrea.

"I guess so," said Dr Khan as the TiMo moved high into the sky.

What greeted Andrea's eyes was completely magnificent. Roads were now all in the sky, and Andrea saw a signboard that was labelled "Usrington Skyway". Cars and taxis were zooming past as fast as they could. Dr Khan drove the TiMo on the skyway with a speed of 212 km/h. Andrea was startled at the speed he was driving it, but Dr Khan remarked, "212 is considered slower than normal speeds."

"Look at the sky," remarked Dr Khan, "I think people here are used to see green skies rather than the usual blue." And indeed he was right.

Andrea and Dr Khan were marveled by the future that greeted them. While in the previous century, doors to high-rise buildings were located at the bases of buildings, but in 2115, as Dr Khan noticed, the doors were all at the top of the buildings.

Too bad there's no hoverboards, thought Andrea.

"Dr Khan," said Andrea as the TiMo's rambunctious sound deafened their ears, "Look at that billboard!"

Dr Khan looked at the billboard and at once understood what Andrea was thinking.

"A HOLIDAY IN TIME huh?" said Dr Khan, "Well then let's go there!"

"It's in New Majora," said Andrea, "Isn't that like 45 minutes away?"

"Probably faster," said Dr Khan as he accelerated the TiMo and zoomed past all of the vehicles there.

"Hey Dr Khan," said a cautious Andrea, "Are you sure the future's safe?"

Dr Khan stared at Andrea and saw the worries on her face. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"Andrea," said Dr Khan, "You're the only reason we're in the far future. If anything happens to you, I'll be right by your side."

"And what should I do if something happens to you? You're my only hope in the future."

"Just make sure you're alive," said Dr Khan, "Even if I die, your journey has to continue."

******************

"Welcome To Harvey's Time Emporium," greeted an old man with wrinkles as the two of them stepped inside the building, "How can I help you?"

Andrea and Dr Khan stared at the man and realized that he wasn't a usual man. Sure, the man possessed human-like features, but his skin wasn't like any human skin. Andrea noticed, that the man walked funnily.

"Dear me lady, it's rude to stare!" exclaimed the man.

"I'm sorry, Mr... Mr,"

"Harvey," said the man, "Just call me Harvey."

"Right Harvey," said Dr Khan, "We need your help. You're an expert in time, am I right?"

"Course I am slick," said Harvey, "What is it that you want?"