Retribution

November 2115

"Never have we ever suffered a defeat as bad as this," said the android Edward Hunt to his followers, "We're finished forever! Doomed I say!"

The Tifias- everyone knew those two words were the most powerful organization in the history of time. They had complete control over the entire world, whether past, present or even future. harnessed the one thing that humans had been wanting to invent since day one- time travel. They had used it to their ultimate gain to carry out history-altering events that were made to suit the world and timeline. But after one failed operation, Operation A113, the Tifian board was in a serious shake-up. The followers of the android faction were baffled to hear of this meeting as they had been recalled from their posts of living in different time periods and keeping track of the timeline. It was on their mind that something was definitely wrong.

A silence echoed around the small room located in the Tifian headquarters following Hunt's words. As per Tifian regulations, they had swore to secrecy about the meeting.

"Mr Hunt," said one of the androids who was seated on the floor, "We've had countless threats before. Why are you so scared that it's gonna bring us down?"

A number of androids agreed with the latter's statement.

"This isn't like anything we've faced before Emmett," said Hunt to his subordinate, "We let our guard down and this is what we're facing now."

"What do you mean?" asked another android, "Everything looks fine to me."

The androids buzzed in agreement.

"That's because you've been living in the past, unaware of what's been happening in real time," snapped Hunt, "The future's changed because of how bad we blundered!""

Hunt turned behind to activate his hologramic projector, which came to life within seconds. Almost immediately, the androids were treated to a visual representation of Hunt's memories and thoughts.

"Date: 28 October 2115. Operation A113," said Hunt in an almost mechanical voice, "The one operation that is responsible for the mess we're facing today."

"What do you mean, Mr Hunt?" asked an android.

Slumping his tired shoulders, Hunt said, "There's a reason why you've been recalled to the present. Those time machines of yours aren't allowed to work anymore."

"Aren't allowed to operate anymore?" asked the androids in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

"The Centre of North American Intelligence(CENA) has sanctioned us," said Hunt sadly, "We've been charged with altering timelines under the Time Travel Act."

Hunt looked at all of the faces in the room. He could sense that they were feeling guilty.

"And because of that, all of our intelligence equipment has been seized by the CENA," said Hunt, "We are no longer able to function normally."

The members were shocked. They understood Hunt's predicament- and were equally saddened at the state of the Tifias. Anger began to fill each of their veins as now, their ultimate motive was to eliminate whoever was responsible for this.

"WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?" chorused the androids, "What do they want from us?"

Although they were androids, they had been programmed with emotional capability that allowed them to express emotions the same way humans could. And Hunt could visibly see how angry the androids were.

"It's the duo from A113," said Hunt to his androids, "Andrea and that mad scientist."

"I KNEW IT!" yelled Emmett, "THEY'RE TRYING TO RUIN OUR LIVES AGAIN!"