What Happens Next...

"Bill," said Andrea, "I don't understand. How did you know where to find me?"

The humanoid named Bill looked at the young girl who was confused with his motives.

"The Tifias have the technology to monitor anyone in the whole universe," said Bill, "But workers like us aren't allowed to touch it at all. Only the human killers are allowed to."

"Then how did you find me?"

Bill replied, "I had my ways."

A silence followed.

"How I found you isn't the main focus here," said the humanoid, "Your acquaintance, Dr Khan only has 16 hours left to live. After that they're going to travel in the past, and kill his past form."

"Oh my gosh," said the shock Andrea, "That's a fate worse than death."

"That's how we do it in the future, Andrea," said Bill, "As I said, politicians and celebrities have used it so many times and altered the future."

***************************

"When someone travels in time, that person will create another version of himself. And depending on what the traveler does, his clone will remain in the previous timeline and continue his life as it is."

"That doesn't explain anything," retorted Andrea.

"Ryan's been a hitman for only three years now. So obviously he took the easy way out when he was assigned to kill you."

"What do you mean the easy way out?" asked the perplexed girl.

"As I told you, because you time-travelled, there were two versions of you. While he went into the past and tried to kill you, I guess he didn't understand this rule. He killed one version of you and forgot about the other version of you."

"And the same thing happened with Dr Khan?"

"Yes," nodded Bill, "Yes it was."

For once, everything seemed to hit the nail on the head. She had finally found the satisfying answer to one question- but there was more perplexing questions that needed obvious answers.

"Wait a minute," said Andrea, puzzled, "Why would Ryan perform the whole mobile phone charade if he wanted to kill me at all costs?"

"He didn't," said Bill, "He was going to head to your apartment and kill you off that night."

"But he was there," protested Andrea, "Our mobile phones got exchanged."

"That wasn't him," admitted Bill, "It was me."

Andrea was startled at the revelation.

***************************

The man known as Ryan Beckman walked in his dictatorial manner to address his subordinates, whom were mostly androids. Even though he wasn't the supreme leader of the Tifias, which was still a mystery to the world, but the supreme leader himself had given him the assent to address the androids if Ryan found anything displeasing.

"Does anyone realize that someone isn't with us today?" asked Ryan as his voice rippled across the small room.

The androids looked at each other nervously. They knew that one of them was missing and all of the androids knew where he was.

"I knew this was bound to happen," said Ryan angrily, "All of you androids were designed to have utmost loyalty to the Tifias. Too bad one dumb android decided to switch his allegiance."

The androids looked at each other with uttermost fear.

"Bill had been a thorn in our affairs ever since he had been created. He doesn't understand the rationale behind what I was assigned to do. Andrea Walker is a liability to our operations and if we did not proceed with her elimination, the entire Tifian name would be erased from the face of time."