The Tifias...

October 30 2015

"Here we are," said Dr Khan as they arrived right out of the centre, "The Sci-Fi Con that you attended last week."

"Right," said Andrea, "I should be arriving with Bridget in about five minutes."

"But Dr Khan," said Andrea again, "I can't go there and warn her, for it will screw up the entire timeline."

"We need to create a diversion," said the doctor, "Hold on."

Suddenly, Andrea saw her best friend, Bridget approaching the centre. The memory of she and Bridget walking hand-in-hand to the centre flashed in her mind. But to her shock, this time, as she saw Bridget walking, she was stunned. Bridget was walking with another girl, and not Andrea!

Andrea yelled and Dr Khan quickly seized her. Dr Khan and Andrea ran and hid behind a wall as Bridget stared at them.

"Are you out of your mind? Didn't I tell you the first rule of time travel that we must not be seen under whatever circumstances!"

"I'm sorry Dr Khan, but I wasn't thinking right," admitted Andrea.

"Wasn't thinking right?" said Dr Khan, sarcastically, "Come on Andrea!"

"I'm sorry Dr Khan," apologized Andrea, "But I was just in shock."

"What are you talking about?" asked the doctor, who was now visibly relaxed.

"How am I not next to Bridget? We were literally walking next to each another when we entered the convention center," said Andrea.

"Heck, I even entangled her hand in mine," said Andrea.

Dr Khan looked at her suspiciously.

"I think I know what's happened," said Dr Khan with disappointment in his voice.

"What's happened Dr Khan? Tell me!" Andrea exclaimed.

"He's erased your existence completely."

*******************************************

"It's like this," said Dr Khan, "Whoever's hunting you down, they've prevented your mere birth from taking place."

"But I don't understand," said the crest-fallen Andrea, "Who's been having a deadly grudge against me that they'd go all out to prevent my existence?"

Dr Khan and Andrea were at a Starbucks outlet. They ordered coffee as they needed to refuel before their journey.

"Perhaps you've done something in the future that made you incur someone's wrath," said Dr Khan, "Things like this probably is normal in the future."

"But which sane person would go to that extent in hating me?" retorted Andrea, "That doesn't make sense at all."

"Of course it doesn't make sense Andrea," said Dr Khan, "If only I knew what you were about to do in the future, I would have stopped you."

After a brief pause and sigh, Andrea said, "So even if we travel into the future or further past, I'm not going to find..."

"Excuse me? I'm?"

"Fine. We're not going to find anything useful," said Andrea, "I guess I just have to continue living a non-existent life."

"Don't give it up so easily Andrea," said Dr Khan with full of encouragement as he saw Andrea's sadness, "I'm sure there's going to be a way to fix this."