Rekindling Intricacies...

Andrea continued running from the scene of the explosion as fast as her legs could carry her. She had no time to look behind and see the devastating effects that the explosion had caused. The only thing that was on her mind was arriving at the laboratory and telling Dr Khan about what had just transpired.

I can't let them get to Dr Khan, she thought, They're going to kill Dr Khan as soon as they find him.

Andrea flinched when she thought of what would happen next.

If Dr Khan's dead, I'm going to be dead too.

Andrea was so occupied in her thoughts that she did not notice the path she was walking through. As she took a right turn into the road that led to the university, and Dr Khan's laboratory, she bumped into someone who she least expected.

"Ouch!" yelled Lucy who was displaced in the opposite direction due to the great impact of their clash.

"Lucy!" thundered Andrea, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh hey Andrea," replied Lucy, who slowly got up while rubbing her ached back, "I was just heading to the police station to give them this book."

Lucy pulled out the book that she had accidentally taken from Dr Khan's laboratory. It had a green hardback cover, and did not have a title on it.

"What book is this?" asked Andrea as she flipped through the pages. It contained undecipherable mathematical and programming terms that Andrea had no clue of.

"I don't know," said Lucy, "I think it's alien language."

"Look Lucy, just do what you got to do," said Andrea, who was clearly disinterested in her antics, "I've got to get to Dr Khan's lab."

"Then could you return this book to him?" asked Lucy, to Andrea's sudden interest.

"You mean this is his book?" asked Andrea. Lucy nodded.

"I guess so," replied Lucy, "I took it from his lab."

Almost at once, Andrea realized what the book was. It's the book that he uses to key in the coordinates when he wants to return to the present. Andrea remembered that Dr Khan had used it once, on his time-traveling journey just a week ago.

I can't let Lucy show that book to anyone. I can't even let her have it, thought Andrea. Almost immediately, Andrea tried to grab the book from Lucy but the African-American girl refused to budge.

"Why do you want this book?" asked Lucy suspiciously, "I'll just go and pass it to him for you."

"No Lucy, just give it to me," reasoned Andrea, "I'm heading there too."

"Andrea, if I give it to you, you're going to be a danger," replied Lucy, "If it's really his book, then Dr Khan could be an alien. And aliens don't treat humans very well."

Alien? thought Andrea, How did she connect time travel with aliens.

"Look Lucy, I don't have time for all this," said Andrea, "Just give me the book."

"No, I can't," replied Lucy, "You're not going to Dr Khan's lab alone."

Andrea protested, but Lucy refused to hear her out.

"Andrea, I'm your friend, and I'm supposed to always be by your side," said Lucy, "And I'm not going to budge at all."

Lucy turned her back towards Dr Khan's laboratory. Andrea exclaimed with a sigh, but could not do anything as Lucy was steadfast on joining her.

Well, I guess I have to follow her.

Andrea rushed to join Lucy to Dr Khan's laboratory. She had no idea however, that her scientist mentor was in huge danger. A danger that was unknown to her.